Tux Bunsen and Beaker photo!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey all,

Long time, no post. Things are very hectic and I find myself playing "catch up" after the holidays.

As the #1 Muppet fan on the other side of the fence, I thought I would weigh in on the Bunsen/Beaker tuxedo debate. I, for one, (and remember I have seen them in person, which DOES make a difference) am in favor of this exclusive 100%. They just look so cool!!

So, while I understand the arguments that the figures are (a) boring, (b) Non-Muppety, and/or (c) Irrelevant due to the fact that the characters never appeared in those costumes, I still stand by the Companys' decision to produce these figures.

First of all, I think that Bunsen and Beaker DID appear in tuxedoes for the Muppet 30th Anniversary celebration. And even if they didn't, so what? Here's a fun scenario:

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew finds out that he has been awarded the prestigious "Scientific Mind of the Millenium" award (Sponsored in part by Burger King -- Home of the Whopper). Unable to find a suitable date to the Soirée, Honeydew decides to bring along his faithful assistant Beaker. Unfortunately, on the way to claim Dr. Honeydew's gold plated Microscope statuette, Beaker's tuxedo -- which was created in Muppet Labs as a spy tuxedo -- malfuctions, and the propeller bow tie launches him through the ceiling... etc., etc.

Okay, not the best scenario out there, but I'm sure a lot of you can do better. My point is, these are fun figures. If you don't think so, don't buy them. It's that simple. That's why they are exclusives, and not a part of the regular assortment.

Exclusives are very tricky... People are complaining about these figures, but what would you rather? Would it make you happier to see Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy as a 3-pack exclusive? Then everyone would be coming out of the woodwork complaining that we made "important, choice" figures exclusives and that they're too hard to get. *sigh*

Trust me, these are cool figures. The look great, and they're fun. But if you don't agree with me, just don't buy them.

Sorry if I seem a little snippy, but I took half a sick day and I am still feeling kind of crabby.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Travis! Good to hear from you! you must be busy at work, i think the Tuxs are a nice idea but i don't think it should be used on every figure made, even if they did apear in a tux or not, i'm talking about lew zeland, crazy harry and such.

The main muppets are fine or one's that really fit with them like Sam the Eagle. there is a nice large photo of tux Bunsen and Beaker in toyfair this month and fozzie bear is action figure of the month! There is also the wedding kermit and piggy in the mag too with the tiltle something you will never own.

they look nice but it's still that Tux/holiday kermit with a diffrent repaint, piggy is like the ex piggy but all white with the wedding vale around her, the cake and flowers look very nice too. These are something specail for ken and freinds and family of his, and i total agree with it beging that way.

Zack)Rowlf the, any word on VH or reg Rowlf coming out in 2004 or any new news on Rowlf the Dog what so ever Travis?well, i guess you can't answer those though,;-)Dog.