TV Alert: Muppets on The Chew November 23

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday be sure to watch Kermit, Miss Piggy and The Swedish Chef on The Chew celebrating Thanksgiving and promoting "The Muppets" on ABC. Find out more about The Chew on-line.

After you see the appearance, post here and let us know your thoughts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, I would consider it taking my life in my hands cooking some sort of pork-based dish in front of Miss Piggy. :mad: :stick_out_tongue:

And I SWEAR, I thought The Chew was supposed to be a joke! Seriously, Drtooth made it seem like it was all a joke, I'm still shocked this thng is for real!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I thought it was nice...the muppets were very much a part of the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I SWEAR, I thought The Chew was supposed to be a joke! Seriously, Drtooth made it seem like it was all a joke, I'm still shocked this thng is for real!
I heard of the Chew from a rant DWmcKim posted on the death of ABC Daytime's soaps. I really wanna hear what he'd have to say about it in this thread. I felt it was both stupid as heck as a premise, but almost funny that they'd resort to such a dumb concept, basically picking a show that rhymed with another show.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh wow. I loved it. I just watched it it was so hilarious. I loved the back and forth and banter between everyone. And Kermit was feisty, he's got great character when he's like that. The "Thanksgiving Memory" by the Swedish Chef was hilarious. Oh! and the Mario Whatnot, that was a great touch.
My mom mentioned that she wondered if the people who were right next to the bar could see the puppeteers on the Swedish Chef and were laughing at their antics as well.

That was by far one of my favorite Muppet guest appearances.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom mentioned that she wondered if the people who were right next to the bar could see the puppeteers on the Swedish Chef and were laughing at their antics as well.
I don't know, but I do know that some bad camera dynamics resulted in Steve's head getting caught in the frame for quite some time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really? I didn't see that at all. Where'd that happen?
At the end of their first segment on the show, with that Greek guy with the pig tattoos on his chest that Piggy was so impressed with (yeah, I don't follow these food networks and shows, so I don't know any of these guys).

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Huh, if I ever see that again (we deleted it from the DVR)I 'll keep an eye out for it. I did noticed in that segment that everything Kermit Handed Michael Simon (he's the greek guy) was below the counter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, some of it was shown above the counter, because I remember wondering if like a wrangler or someone tagged along with Steve,Eric, and whoever did the great job with the Swedish Chef for that sort of thing.

Who is doing Swedish Chef these days, BTW? I know I could just look at Muppet Wiki, but I'm too lazy, and my computer hates Muppet Wiki.