TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Disney Channel programs, but it makes perfect sense because they are not geared toward adults and that's okay. Fan forums are places where we all nitpick on things so that doesn't bother me either. I think the Muppets did a solid job on the program. My favorite part was the credit sequence. Those were always my favorite bits in Muppets Tonight too.

The bigger you are, the more people hate you. Disney is just about as big as an entertainment company gets so they're going to get a lot of criticism. I'm sure they listen to some of it too. I think they've been doing a really good job with the Muppets since the viral videos began in 2009. Their takeover of Marvel has also proven to be a great thing and the future of Star Wars looks much brighter now than under its previous ownership.

The most promising thing from Disney is the Mickey & Friends shorts coming to the Disney Channel. I haven't seen the characters look that good in decades!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't say everyone just hates Disney, but in the past, Disney has treated the Muppets in terrible ways, (the 2005-2010 era), and I guess most people haven't gotten over that yet.
Disney's ownership of the Muppets was a very rocky start. In fact, these Disney tween-coms are going to get a lot of hate, because that's what Disney was all about from 2005-2008 or so. There was such an intense focus on that, everything else got thrown to the side for a few years, Muppets especially. Heck, Mickey and Co were pretty much absent those years as well until the preschool show came about. Mickey! For the longest time, if it wasn't a Tweencom or preschool show, there was nothing for you. Maybe the Pixar films, since they were a huge money maker.

The bigger you are, the more people hate you. Disney is just about as big as an entertainment company gets so they're going to get a lot of criticism. I'm sure they listen to some of it too. I think they've been doing a really good job with the Muppets since the viral videos began in 2009. Their takeover of Marvel has also proven to be a great thing and the future of Star Wars looks much brighter now than under its previous ownership.
Other than their lame Happy Meal moratorium (way to pass up on those big Iron Man 3 bucks, giving it to Subway), Disney's got a very hands off approach to Marvel, and hopefully the same for Star Wars, no longer under a certain person who's head is up his butt and thinks he wants to remake the films he though he wanted to remake. Other than that... No matter who owns the Muppets, someone wasn't going to be happy even if they stayed at Henson. Warner Bros would have screwed it up, Sony would have screwed it up, Classic Media is now owned by Dreamworks... We got a movie, and we're getting a second one only a couple years later. The last film killed the franchise, demoting it to DTV/Telefilm projects of varying quality that we were fairly happy to not happy at all about. I can stand to see Disney pimp the characters out on a show for tweens if that equals DVD sales and more sold movie tickets. As long as they aren't tossed into mothballs for an extended period of time, I'm happy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
People on the internet do not take pity on someone because of age. If you are old enough to be on a forum, then people will treat you the same way they treat everyone else.

Forums discuss things. Most of the time, forums like to talk about the negatives rather than the positives. Even if you like something that everyone is tearing to shreds, it is best to not complain about people not liking it. It's ok to say you like it, but as soon as you start yelling at people to stop, they are going to eat you alive until they run you out of the forum because they know it bothers you. You cannot let people know it bothers you. Just accept that people have different opinions. You can still say you like the thing they are talking about, but explain why you like it, not why others should stop talking about it and getting defensive.

I know it seems like you are being attacked right now, but I just don't want to see you chased off any forum because of something like this. It's something you need to learn and going through it is how you learn.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
i know just I am at the age where i like all the tween coms and i know all of you are probably older than me but i just wish people could keep the hate to thereselves:mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's really not my place to judge younger audience based family sitcoms. I've never really been a fan of them, except maybe ALF... for the obvious reason. Stuff like Leave it to Beaver and Brady Bunch make me sick when I watch them. I've grown to respect Full House for what the show was trying to accomplish (basically saying that a non-traditional family, at least one without a mother can be well adjusted). I hated TeenNBC's sitcom line up (yes, even Saved by the Bell). I've always been more of a Get Smart/Mork and Mindy/Third Rock from the Sun/Seinfeld type guy.