TV Comeback for Muppets?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Henson ONLY had an input for 2 years tho...so not anymore
Vic's trip to Disney World would disagree. It is suspected that the walk-around Kermit & Piggy were retired, because Henson wanted them pulled and because Disney supposedly listened to Henson's advice to leave them as puppets.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Vic's trip to Disney World would disagree. It is suspected that the walk-around Kermit & Piggy were retired, because Henson wanted them pulled and because Disney supposedly listened to Henson's advice to leave them as puppets.
well my 3rd grade teacher, who I still talk to and she ALWAYS bring me back somthing :smile:, was JUST at WDW 2 weeks ago and her and her husband took a pic with "walk around" kermit & piggy at hollywood studios... she showed me all her pics from this trip

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Oh good. I thought they had vanished.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Depending on which of the Henson family members has a hold of the properties, for it was said that Brian likes the dark humor--toilet or otherwise--displayed on Robot Chicken & the like.
But he knows enough about staying true to the characters that his father made vs. his own I would hope:smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But he knows enough about staying true to the characters that his father made vs. his own I would hope:smile:
True, but The Muppets were always a bit irreverant, even in baby form (especially Animal and Gonzo).

Then again, irreverant or not, The Muppets always found a way to crawl into your heart, so to speak.

*hugs the Muppet Babies, whilst having great respect for their adult counterparts*

Thus, I do agree that Brian ought to stay true to what made The Muppets so loveable.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
wwfpooh said:
Thus, I do agree that Brian ought to stay true to what made The Muppets so loveable.
Brian has nothing to do with the Muppets anymore--aside from possibly performing Sal or Dr. Phil van Nueter. But now that the Muppets have been sold to Disney he no longer has creative control over what they do, really. Unless I'm confused in the outlines of the negotiations with Diz.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I just hope that doesn't mean our Muppets turn into Hannah or whatever...:frown:

armslength

Reaction score
It does seem that while Brian may not have much to do with them, they do still have people like Kirk Thatcher and Jim Lewis still actively involved in all things Muppet so they're able to keep an old-guard watch available to make sure the spirit isn't lost.

And sorry, but this is the latest news articles are really just non-news. They're all purely speculative articles that got posted somewhere and got end up spreading among other blogs and papers as an actual "story" They amount to nothing more than someone saying "well if the movie does well, it seems likely that a tv show would follow". Kind of like Richard Hunt sticking his hand out the window to predict the weather for the radio before finding employment with the Muppets.

They're basically week ways of keeping buzz on the upcoming movie for places that have already reported that news giving it another angle so they can print about it in some way again.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
They're all purely speculative articles that got posted somewhere and got end up spreading among other blogs and papers as an actual "story" They amount to nothing more than someone saying "well if the movie does well, it seems likely that a tv show would follow". Kind of like Richard Hunt sticking his hand out the window to predict the weather for the radio before finding employment with the Muppets.
It figures. :frown: