Two Head Monster!

Skeeter8

Reaction score
I tried to find info on them (them?? him??) at the Sesame Street Encyclopedia to no avail. Any info on them? :smile: I thought they (he?) were (was?) soooo adorable!! And another thing, do they have names? And which one is which?

furryfella

Reaction score
I know Richard hunt did one of the vocies for the monsters!!! i think either jerry did the other or Frank :big_grin:

Thijs

Reaction score
Yes, its terrible that we still don't have a suitable pic to use. We need a pic in wich they are looking in the camera.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but you gotta admit, the one I gave you where they share an ice cream soda was pretty cute. Hang on to that and maybe we can have a gallery with the leftover pics!:smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you're looking for a perfect picture of the Two-Headed Monster, then might I make a suggestion? The pic needs to be one hwere the character is looking straight into the camera, right? Well, just ask someone to tape you the episode or take photos of the sketch where the Two-Headed Monster put together the word "Cheese". The reason I believe this sketch might yield the best pic for your purposes is because once they put the word together, the Two-Headed Monster proceed to have an innumerable amount of photos of themselves taken everytime they say the word "Cheese". Hope this helps.

Skeeter8

Reaction score
More stuff

Is the two headed monster's mom a reddish monster? Or am I just going crazy? I vaugely remember a scene where they were talking about their mom. If she is indeed red, then I guess the two headed monsters are biracial/mixed (assuming that dad's blue).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not necessarily...
You see, the way that other board members have described the Two-Headed Monster's Mom to me is to imagine Telly Monster or a character that looks like Telly in drag with wig and hat. So the skin or fur tone of the Two-Headed Monster could be due to a degradation of the reddish/pinkish/purple fur of the Telly-like motherly character. Hope this helps.

Skeeter8

Reaction score
Telly is kind of reddy-purple. Two headed is purple-purple. But then again, monster genetics can be very different from non monster genetics!! But I still think Dad is blueish. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Back in the day, the Two-Headed Monster's head with the downwards pointing yellow horns and black eyebrow and purple beard or goatl was at least voiced by Jerry Nelson; while the other head with upwards pointing yellow horns and purple hair and black beard was at least voiced by Richard Hunt. After Richard's death, Jerry kind of abandoned the character. Nowadays, David Rudman voices one of the Two-Headed Monster's heads though I don't know which one and I'm not sure who voices the other head. Hope this helps.