1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Two more casting confirmations for Wiz of Oz

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by matleo, Sep 17, 2004.

1. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

They're just the stars of the show. ;)
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Or are they...???
  3. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Who knows? :confused:
  4. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

It's going to be odd seeing a muppet movie where the muppet aren't seen until like 15 minutes into the movie. I am looking forward to seeing this though.

Tambor will make a good Wizard. He does work well with the muppets in that he doesn;t dumb down his acting. He wasn't so good in MFS, but he wasn't really right for the part. This is a part i can see him playing. Besides, Bunsen and Beaker could always be his assistants that stay in Oz or something.

David is funny, but he seems a bit young to play Uncle Henry. Queen Latifah) seems a bit young to play Auntie Em as well. And I have no idea who Ashanti, but I'm sure it could be worse. I mean, Disney could have thrown Hillary Duff into this movie. How horrid.
  5. Beauregard

Dosn't DUMB DOWN! You must be kidding. Unless he is always that terrable...

In Muppets From Space he was not a baddie, he was a seriously stupid individule who was not even slightly....well, he was terrable.

Why can't they always get badies as good as, say, Tim Curry. He is the Holy Grail of Muppet Badies.
  6. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

As I said he wasn't good for the part. It's also partly due to bad writing. His acting style is an acquired taste, but it should fit the Wizard. I think David would play a better Wizard though.
  7. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

Beauregard don't take this the wrong way but you seem really bitter. It makes perfect sense the casting that is, to have humans and then the muppets to populate OZ. Also Queen Latifah is a star but she probably doesn't have that big a paycheck along with Ashanti. So far I haven't heard any news that's terrible.
  8. Beauregard

Sorry, Movies, WiGgY, etc. Yeah, I am bitter about this WoOz subject all and sundery to do with it. Sorry I didn't mean to take it out on you guys. No I can't explain why just now.

I'll just shut up on the subject.

Sorry,
    Beau
  9. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

Does it have anything to do with the fact that your location still says 3004?
  10. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Rock on, man! Rock on!
  11. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Because sometimes they don't want to do it. They tried something different with Tambor and it didn't work. He's just not a bad guy. He's funny, but not a bad guy. He should be much better as the Wizard. At least he wasn't as bad as that psyco in Swamp Years. I mean, what the **** was that about? He was awful. I know it was a kids movie, but even kids movies deserve good actors. It's the only muppet production I can not stand to watch.
  12. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree, the role didn't really fit his talents. :)
  13. Beauregard

Well, that's one thing. Part of me knows how it ends up, the other part can't remeber anything from that time in 3004...

Edit: Gosh I only just picked this stuff up, sorry, I have to go searching through old threads and reserected this one to add an edit in here. Sure I know how it ends. I watched it the other day...don't. Beau (3004)
  14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't think he was supposed to be a bad guy, he was just doing his much underappreciated job!!

My favorite thing in that film is when they all start laughing and he suddenly bellows out: DON'T.....LAUGH.....AT.....MEE!!

The next exchange of lines is when he's calling himself the names everyone else called him, and Gonzo is agreeing with everything until he says something like, "or Manic, psychotic demented idiot." Gonzo says, "Well, you got me there."

MFS is a great film!
  15. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I don't think of him as a villain either. I think he is just a man doing his job and unfortunately that goes against our Muppets. But I don't think of him as a bad guy like a Doc Hopper. He (Tambor in MFS) is more of a neutral character than anything. :)
  16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Those are good parts. He's good for stuff like that. Villian is not a part he's good for though.
  17. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree. :)
  18. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

I kind of agree with your opinion about muppet in space, but I can see him as the Wizard of Oz. Also the casting I kind of like the casting of Ashanti mainly because I'm assuming she has a good voice, and one of the great things about the muppets is the music and how there movies and things never come across as musicals but have a good bit of music in them. All very good pieces of music I might add :)
  19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

just realized that tambor was in hellboy as I watched it for a second time yesterday. he was great in that movie, too :)
  20. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

She may have a good voice, but I worried Ashanti can't act...she hasn't done much acting, and now she has to try and carry a movie.