"Ulitsa Sezam" (Russian "S.S.") Interview

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
MuppetFreak,

Yeah i have seen that video, Im more interested in the actual Foreign Muppets tho, Not the dubbed scenes !

Drop me an email so we can chat - Warrick@BlueYonder.co.uk

See ya

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
i sent you an email thought the little email button on the bottom of your post. Where does that go?

I know. :-( I have no video of the acutal show. I was actually over there the other day visiting my old haunt and the American producer was telling me that never even saved her a copy of the video they gave out as a KFC promotion this year. They are not so much organized over there. :-(

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
You know what is killing SS in ratings in Egypt? Duck Tales!! Its huge. Crazy peoples....
WO-o-o-o-o-o-o-OW!!! Maybe if they put Sesame on the time slot of the Lousy Sabrina cartoon instead, the ratings would sky rocket.

I am a big Ducktales fan, as you cxan tell. Too bad that one good show gets clobber by another!

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I feel your pain! Toon Disney used to be the best network ever and then they put all the crappy shows on. My bro put it best:

"Does Disney think these shows were canceled off regular TV because they were really good?"

Those 80's Disney cartoons give me endless joy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I can't freaking believe they replaced Dakwing Duck (my hero) with Subrainy the teenage wretch.

One thing I am thankful for NOT having cable!

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
o boy do i ever love Darkwing. i also have an obsession with the guy who plays him, but don't get me started on that, its a whole different website...

some of the shows now are so stupid!! i mean muppet babies had the worst annimation ever but it was still a great cartoon. even if i wasn't prejudiced! which i am :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
i mean muppet babies had the worst annimation ever but it was still a great cartoon. even if i wasn't prejudiced! which i am :smile:
Yeah! Especially during the last season. They made so many animation mistakes, I can't even list them. But enough of that now. What exactly did you do on the internation SS?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Well, butt monkey really. ;-)

No, I was the assistant to the American producer so I attented the meetings and helped with the promotions. I also made a binder of potential promotions because we were tyring to help them make products like the other co-prods. I was working for a bunch of different divisions in the workshop but Alam Simsim is what I worked with the most often.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you can get them on the web, somewhere, we'd all appreciated it. Thanks.

I told some people about the Ducktales thing and they laughed their heads off, just like I did! It's weird...