Uncle Grandpa

mr3urious

Reaction score
Great to see Charlie Burgers back after all these episodes. Great to see him and UG get back at his dog-hating neighbor in the end, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After what seems to have been forever, we've got a new "New Experiences" which features Beary Nice getting more sinister with each passing episode ("You'll do as I do and you'll like it!") and a twist ending where

Hot Dog person actually liked getting mangled by the machine because he did indeed get ripped.

Also, loved how the last two episodes handled the "helping kids" plots in more unique ways than before. "Except for Cooper" goes for a delightful first person scare tactic. Heh. No wonder they like oatmeal day so much, apparently they need the nutrients to not look like that. And "Head in the Clouds" takes us to the midway point of an adventure only to reveal the problem was all due to the kid not paying attention in class.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Those episodes were definitely were great twists on the UG formula.
And it was great to see HDP's torture at the hands of Beary Nice work out for him in the end.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Jerky Jasper" continues the trend of UG screwing with Pizza Steve, this time over an imaginary friend that he made up to dodge responsibility. Shows just how far PS is willing to go to keep up a lie.

We also get the 82nd volume of the "Uncle Grandpa Signs the Classics" album in the end. I especially loved Tiny Miracle's parody of Will Smith's "Parents Just Don't Understand".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Had to watch this online since they clearly discontinued "Good Mornings with Uncle Grandpa" for more of the same TTG marathons.

They completely changed the opening for the fourth season, shortening it down to just UG's face saying something random and the title. Seems even the backgrounds became more detailed in this new episode. The RV looks more lush that way, especially with the hot dog wallpaper.

I rather liked the new song CD skit. It loses the odd stream of consciousness that the first one had. Comparatively to Rick and Morty's intergalactic cable episode sequel, where the jokes aren't as wild and random. I'd say the one thing that really makes it different is that the other characters' songs actually make sense. UG still goes for something strange that doesn't even work in context, especially "Frankenstein is Trying to Sleep."

oh, and speaking of Uncle Grandpa sings the classics:

just comes off weird....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't know how to feel that they burned out that many episodes in one day, but ...alright I guess.

Pizza Steve was at his worst in Dinosaur Day. Wound up getting it in the end anyway by getting eaten. Like, what is that? The third time, fourth time he was eaten? Let's see...once by Ric Flair, once by Amethis, once by UG himself...I swear there's one more. Really liked the Ren and Stimpy-esque facial convulsions that came out of Mr. Gus when he was yelling at Uncle Grandpa.

I already seen "The Lepre-Con" and it's... it's weird, even by UG standards. Like how GRFT turns into Garfield for no reason, and they even used that in the promos.

I'm liking the look of these season 3ish/4ish episodes with the more detailed backgrounds. Gives a more lush look to the series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, CN randomly and without fanfare managed to squeak out "Uncle Baseball." Not the best episode, but I'm surprised this one went that under the radar as the episode featured several actual baseball players plus what I can only assume is the direct collaboration with MLB to get the actual names of the teams they play for and the MLB logo at the end of the episode.

I'm surprised I didn't even hear anything on the local news about the episode, considering one of the players is from the Red Sox.

Luckily, an advertised episode will air on Thursday to tie into Halloween.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, CN randomly and without fanfare managed to squeak out "Uncle Baseball." Not the best episode, but I'm surprised this one went that under the radar as the episode featured several actual baseball players plus what I can only assume is the direct collaboration with MLB to get the actual names of the teams they play for and the MLB logo at the end of the episode.
I felt like it went a little too far by showing what losers the team were, but I did like the references to Field of Dreams and Angels in the Outfield.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked all the different costumes UG wore throughout the Halloween episode, and the nice twist that the kid's "costume" happened to be a good one after all in how ironic it was. Also gotta give a shout-out to
the Steven Universe costume the kid wore in the costume contest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This episode feels like it was the complete opposite of what an Uncle Grandpa helps a kid story usually does. Usually it seems that UG is several steps ahead of the kid when he isn't. This time, he's the one that had problems with the kid's costume.

Nice cameo by someone wearing a Steven Universe costume.