Universal Studios Florida

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date
P

Philo and Gunge

Geez, how come no one has talked about USF on this fourm. It's the only place in Flordia where you can get a whooping *** headache on BTTF. Where you can watch The Terminator with the 3D effect every few minutes. Where Lord Farquad tortures you. I love this park with a capital L. Has anybody ever been here?

The Narrator

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
Geez, how come no one has talked about USF on this fourm. It's the only place in Flordia where you can get a whooping *** headache on BTTF. Where you can watch The Terminator with the 3D effect every few minutes. Where Lord Farquad tortures you. I love this park with a capital L. Has anybody ever been here?
I only spent a day at Universal when I was in Florida last summer, but I did have a blast. The roller-coasters were certainly more fun than at Disney--even if the lines were rediculous in size. Also, Emeril's: Yum, yum, yum. In terms of character interaction of Disney vs. Universal, though, I'd say that Disney wins hands-down. It seemed much easier to interact with the Disney characters than it was to be acknowledged by Shrek.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Yep, I LOVE Universal, my dad has a second house in Orlando and I've been to all the parks down there. I fly down and stay for 2 weeks every year, and have been doing so for the past 6 years. Anyone who hasn't been, GO!
In Universal my fave attractions are Back To The Future and Terminator 3D, and Mardi Gras is great. Nickelodeon Studios is great too, I was there once when they were shooting Slime Time Live, that was neat. I was much more interested in the technical aspect of it than the actual show, it's really neat to see the crew doing their work. But man do they fight over stuff as soon as they go on commercial break! lol But if you go down, spend some time there and see as much as possible, Islands Of Adventure should not be missed, man: Spiderman 3D, The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, etc. Swell stuff!

P

Philo and Gunge

FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Yep, I LOVE Universal, my dad has a second house in Orlando and I've been to all the parks down there. I fly down and stay for 2 weeks every year, and have been doing so for the past 6 years. Anyone who hasn't been, GO!
In Universal my fave attractions are Back To The Future and Terminator 3D, and Mardi Gras is great. Nickelodeon Studios is great too, I was there once when they were shooting Slime Time Live, that was neat. I was much more interested in the technical aspect of it than the actual show, it's really neat to see the crew doing their work. But man do they fight over stuff as soon as they go on commercial break! lol But if you go down, spend some time there and see as much as possible, Islands Of Adventure should not be missed, man: Spiderman 3D, The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, etc. Swell stuff!
Yeah, when I first went to USF I rode Hanna-Barbera alot. Now it's closed :cry: in favor of the headache-giving Jimmy Neutron. When I was going to MIB me and my cousin were only going on and I said "We were just on BTTF" she replied "Oh, BTTF is the worst thing in this park". And the fog effects were in my face on the ride. It felt good! :zany:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
Has anybody ever been here?
I know it's a billion times bigger and better now, but I went there just after it opened in the early 90s and it was awful. It seeemed like a cheap Disney wannabe. There were only six or seven rides back then and many of the rides (Jaws, Kongfrontation) weren't working. Also, nothing will make a family crabbier than spending 70 minutes in an unshaded queue for the lame ET ride in the middle of summer.

I'll have to get back there sometime soon though. I love roller coasters and have heard IOA has some of the best--especially the Hulk. Now, if they could just get me away from Disney World...

dmx10101

Reaction score
Well, seeing how I live in FLA, I have been to Universal. I like it a lot. King Kong, Jaws, Twister, Earthquake, ET, the fun never ends!

Beebers

Reaction score
You and Kev might want to think about hooking up for a day next time he's down there, next year.
(fish'n'wolfe I mean)

:cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
Cool, you guys can chat about it sometime. (I'm his Mom, that's why I can mention these things.) He was just there, he always goes somewhere between January and March each year. But there's always next time lol.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Cool, you guys can chat about it sometime. (I'm his Mom, that's why I can mention these things.) He was just there, he always goes somewhere between January and March each year. But there's always next time lol.

For real your his mom? I didn't know that! That's kinda strange though.