1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConsummateVs, Apr 22, 2018.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Jingle Bells" actually originated as a Thanksgiving song. How and why, I don't know, but yeah.

And while we're at it, let's also look at other Christmas songs that aren't technically Christmas songs either:

• "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"
    • "Baby, it's Cold Outside"
    • "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm"
    • "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland"

To name a few.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Songs or not, end of the day, we can all enjoy them for what it's worth.

I still remember having fond memories of when I first heard "Linus and Lucy" and dancing to it with my dad and then was super mind blown when I heard it in Charlie Brown.

My child self was so confused. :p

newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I was gonna post this today after hearing it at work!

D'Snowth likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

Eric Prydz ruined "Valerie" by Steve Winwood.

5. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is really an unpopular opinion, but I really like Elmo Saves Christmas.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  6. D'Snowth

I kind of like it myself - and this is coming from somebody who is not a fan of the ATC era.

Personally, I prefer this execution of everyday being Christmas Day despite the passage of time for the rest of the year (spring, summer, etc.), as opposed to where everyday being Christmas is like a Groundhog Day loop, like reliving the exact same day over and over and over and over again.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

Dude, that was like one of my childhood Christmas specials! Still a classic 22 years later.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I love it. It's one of the main Muppet related Christmas specials that I watch every year!

ConsummateVs and LittleJerry92 like this.
  9. LittleJerry92

So with all the gun debates we've had over the years, honestly, I do actually believe guns do kill people in the terms of arguments that "people kill people."

The bullet still flies through at a fast rate and damages the body tissue. Like, if you get shot in the head, you're basically ****** right there cause the bullet went through your brain.

Not to mention, if you drop a gun and it lands on the ground, it can still set off the trigger and injur/kill someone.

Saying "guns don't kill people" to me is like the equivalent of saying "kitchen supplies don't kill people" or "food doesn't kill people" or "poison doesn't kill people", etc.

No. It's just a cheap mask for gun owners who are paranoid and assume they'll get their guns taken away.

Blue Frackle and Censored like this.
  10. Blue Frackle

100 frickin' %; would there be any school shootings if guns didn't exist? Of course not. These people value their firearms more than kid's lives; let that sink in.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  11. LittleJerry92

And it's funny that these same people offer "thoughts and prayers" and yet value their toys over someone's life.

newsmanfan likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

It makes me think of what God tells Bruce in BRUCE ALMIGHTY: "People want me to do everything for them, but what they don't realize is they have the power." I mean, yeah, we're supposed to pray and stuff, but we're also supposed to actually do things for other people, and help those less fortunate than ourselves.

13. LittleJerry92

So..... I really used to hate the term "safe space." It sounded like the term used for a person who can't accept that life isn't fair.

As of now, I personally believe everyone should have somewhere to go to if they feel the need to just be alone with their thoughts for a bit and cool off. And even I'll admit.... Muppet central is a bit of a "safe space" for me (it's the only place I feel comfortable talking about politics on without getting jumped on by different parties; I mean, most, if not all, of us on here pretty much hate Trump which feels nice) and it's also a place I can vent about frustrations on (the rant thread, though I also use discord as well).

However, I also feel if you are being harrased, take some time to cool off in an area where you can be alone for awhile, but by all means, stand up for yourself, too. Don't bottle it up at the end of the day.

newsmanfan and Blue Frackle like this.
  14. Blue Frackle

I'm just an introvert so I just need to go away from people cause it makes me happy. :grouchy:

15. LittleJerry92

I don't mind the interlacing in the TBT clips.

16. D'Snowth

Many early Muppet/Henson shows and specials would have looked so much better if they were shot on film instead of videotape.

newsmanfan likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

Can agree on that.

18. Blue Frackle

Queen and Journey are overplayed and their only songs I legitimately enjoy are "Who's Crying Now" and "You're My Best Friend"; I would honestly be honored to never hear the majority of their radio hits again. :o

But I mean, turn on a frickin' radio and how could you disagree?

19. LittleJerry92

They are. I won't deny that.

20. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I think people were too hard on Uncle Grandpa. Sure, it definitely wasn't the greatest CN show, but it wasn't the absolute worst show ever like many people made it out to be, and it had its moments.