US Fraggle Vs. UK Fraggle

christyb

Reaction score
Is there seriously a big difference between the two?? I'd like to know.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
christyb said:
Is there seriously a big difference between the two?? I'd like to know.
The Captain is more strict with Sprocket than Doc is. Take for instance these similar quotes from the US and UK versions of The Beast of Bluerock, where Sprocket is scared of going to the vet.

DOC: You've got to learn to face up to your fears. You'll be a better dog for it, and I'll be right there with you.

CAPTAIN: You've got to learn to face up to your fears. You don't want to let me down, do you?

christyb

Reaction score
I knew Doc might be different. But I meant the storyline wise. Do the story that involve the Fraggles themselves change with each different airing? Like the Festival of the Bells was an episode here but not there. That type of thing.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
christyb said:
I knew Doc might be different. But I meant the storyline wise. Do the story that involve the Fraggles themselves change with each different airing? Like the Festival of the Bells was an episode here but not there. That type of thing.
The Fraggle footage stays the same, but sometimes the Travelling Matt segments are different. Plus, whenever Gobo goes into Outer Space, new footage needs to be shot (the Gobo puppet looks noticeably different).

And yes, I know for sure that The Bells of FR was shown in both US and UK (in fact, UK debuted it 2 days before US did).

Luke

Reaction score
UK version. The USA one is too woosy, as said, Doc is very cheesy nicey. Kinda like a Jolly uncle. However you feel about the Doc/Captain divide though the lighthouse concept is FAR cooler than Docs workshop.

christyb

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
The Fraggle footage stays the same, but sometimes the Travelling Matt segments are different. Plus, whenever Gobo goes into Outer Space, new footage needs to be shot (the Gobo puppet looks noticeably different).

And yes, I know for sure that The Bells of FR was shown in both US and UK (in fact, UK debuted it 2 days before US did).
Thanks for explaining that to me. I didn't know if the storylines were the same or not. I would like to see the other versions someday. Hmm...I'm gonna look for pics of Gobo. I wonder why they would change his looks? Thanks for answering my wonderings.

Xela

Reaction score
Well, I have never seen the UK one, so I guess the US one. :smirk:

Frags

Reaction score
I think it's thanks to Fraggle Rock that I have an unhealthy obsession with lighthouses - I love them and want to live in one ... but workshops are an everyday occurance to me. But Doc's still cool *bows down to Doc*

charlynoa

Reaction score
I didn't know there were different series anyway.
Are there different DVDs to buy, too?

In Germany there was just the US series translated, I think.
But we have a muppet-like series in Germany, called "Hallo Spencer" (wich means "Hello Spencer").

Charly

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, it's the same story, just the human with the dog is different. There aren't very many US DVDs out yet, only two right now I think, but they are different than the British ones.