1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

vBulletin 3.0 Beta: Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Why do the smilies change position every time?

:zany: :o

then

:cry: :zany:

then

:zany: Ooops, can't put any more!!!
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Re: vBulletin 3.0 Beta 3: Questions and Answers

Hmm, well about that?
  3. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i do...they're kind of crammed in together...

ryan
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

It's because Phil's looking for subtle, but effective, ways to drive us all insane!

Well, Phil, the joke's on you! We already are!!!

:)
  5. smcguire

smcguire New Member

Well, quite a change since the last time I logged into MuppetCentral.

Overall it seems to be working pretty well, but I have some feedback and suggestions.

(1) Is there a way to have it remember my choice for the "Remember username/password?" setting? :) Or maybe have it default to unchecked instead of checked? I don't want it to remember my username or password (which I assume is the same as automatically logging me in), but I have to be sure to remember to uncheck that box every time or it will start doing what I don't want it to do. (Whereas, if it defaulted to unchecked, a person who does want it to remember would only have to check it once and they'd be happy, and I just leave it alone, and I'm happy.)

(2) It seems to me since the Login boxes are at the top of the forum page, the "Log me out" link should also be at the top. The login/logout were in the same place in the old software...

(3) Is it just me, or does a lot of the text (forum and thread titles, and the actual message text) seem kind of large? Definitely larger than with the previous version of the software, and with all the new boxes for things, the lines are wrapping more often as a result. (I'm using Mac OS X, I checked with both Safari and IE.) I was a bit surprised to see folks saying "it looks cramped" - I was thinking it looks like there's lots of extra white space! I realize this is something of a matter of opinion, though.

(4) The indicators that there are more pages in the thread seem too subtle to me. They're in small text, unlike many other pieces of text, and the light purple text on the purple backround doesn't make them stand out (and their placement on a purple background makes them look very similar to the message headers). Several times I left a thread without sending the end of it because I missed the "page 1 2 3 Next" text.

Sorry, don't mean to sound critical - I know you guys did a lot of hard work switching over to the new software (and just doing the day to day running of the forums) and I'm sure there are new features that will come in handy - but those were my thoughts upon using the new software today.

Thanks!

--Scott McGuire
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That's funny. I'm seeing all the texts (other than the SIZE changer thingies) much much smaller.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Phillip is still ironing out some functions. However, the page has been centered and positioned to the menu since it went up quite a while back. It keeps things uniform with the other pages. The page isn't any more cramped than it was before the upgrade. Maybe there's a margin issue.

I also think you may need to adjust the text size of your browser. See if that works.
  8. Beauregard

Why do I get this when I refresh?

Just wondering.
  9. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Beauregard, what page are you refreshing? Will this error happen over and over for you?

Let us know what you were doing before this happened. Please also provide your operating system and browser type and version number.

I want to thank everyone for all the feedback. A lot of it is being passed on to vBulletin.
  10. Beauregard

My browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer. I am not sure about the other things, but it happens just about whenether I refresh and all the background colors go white and the links go white too. The Usually on Compose the bit you write in goes auful too. Not sure though.

It dosn't matter, because I can see everything else undernieth but in a "funny" color scheme like I mentioned above. I can still see the flash menu, which makes it better than the old one where that dissapeared when that writing apeared.

Hope this helps.

Beauregard
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

What does that mean? Could you clarify? What you wrote doesn't make much sense. It could just be a case of funky grammar or sentence structure but I can’t decipher what you said there. Thanks. Also, does the problem occur for just a moment or does it continue even after the page has finished loading? :confused:
  12. Beauregard

It stays after the page is loaded, and I meant the BOX that you TYPE in when you COMPOSE!!! :p

I hope that explains. I'll refresh in a minute and see if I noticed anything.
  13. Beauregard

OK, so I did miss something. ALL background colors go to white, and there are NO seperating lines between posts and posts, or posts and avators or anything like that. Just the posts themselves and the avators, names, locations etc.

It just apears above the menu.
  14. smcguire

smcguire New Member

I'm not sure if this is to me or someone else, but my browser are set to use a pretty small text size already, which is why the new forum text size stood out. However, just to be sure, I made my browser text size even smaller (9-point!), and the forum was unaffected by that setting - looks like all forum text is set to a fixed size.

--Scott McGuire
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's very strange. It's the only complaint of the sort we have received. Please send your information (browser, computer type and OS to Phillip and we'll try to nail down the problem. :)
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm not digging this new upgrade/forum move/whatever it is at all...then again, perhaps we got a wee bit too used to the old one.
    The biggest thing is all the tiny font scripts, the fact it automatically emails ya when someone replies to a post(cant always remember to turn that off), and it just feels...well not the way it was. But then again it is just nice MC is still around.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Change is good and healthy. This still beats the old, unsightly, rickety Delphi forum with all of its new junk ads. As said many times before - this is not the final version of the forum. We are far from it. This is a work in progress. Many things will change, some we'll just have to get used to. No one structure is going to please everybody, but Phillip is doing his best to achieve that. None of this has been done in a vacuum. Trust that there is sound reasoning behind these changes.
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Cory, if you go to your control panel, look under "options". Find "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" and uncheck it. This will disable the default e-mail notifications for you. You can always subscribe to a thread when you post, but "No Subscription" will now be the default.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hey thanks Phil, that was bugging me. I like how this forum keeps you logged in til whenever unlike th eother one.

And yes Jamie, I shudder to think back of the Delphi layout...though not the fun of some of those old times;)
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

that's funny, beaker...when I first joined, you told me how to turn it off.....

Sarah