1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As you can see, Muppet Central Forum is now running with the new Gamma version of vBulletin 3.

These Are Not The Final Graphics

The graphics supplied with the Gamma version are not the final vB3 images. They are simply re-colored versions of the graphics that have been released before. The final (and completely new) vB3 graphics will make their appearance in a later release of the software.

New Style Functionality

The most obvious change with this version is the new style. The new templates were designed with the goals of streamlining the user interface, making for cleaner layout and easier navigation. For those users with Javascript enabled (ie: most), many of the less-frequently-used controls are now contained within popup menus, which you can identify for the most part by a word followed by the triangle image. Clicking these links will pop open a menu containing more in-depth controls for the page you are viewing. For users without Javascript capabilities, alternative layouts are displayed, making the best use of space possible.

Additionally, you will find that many elements of the interface can now be collapsed or minimized. If cookies are enabled on your browser, your collapsed element preferences will be automatically saved for the next time you view a page of that type.

There are a lot more changes and new features as well. Have a look around and let us know what you think! I will be making some other updates and modifications later today so don't be alarmed if things suddenly change.
  2. BJC899

BJC899 Member

Woa. It looks cool!
  3. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Groovy Phillip! :D :sing: :cool:
  4. This is very confusing.
  5. Beebers

Beebers New Member

I'm thoroughly confused, and it hurts my eyes. I'm sorry, I know it's jazzy and cool. This is only me. I have a headache already after only a few minutes so I'm logging out. I'm sure everyone else will love it.
  6. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

How weird is that? I go away for a week, and both MSN and MC completely change their interfaces. LOL! (Well, not completely, but enough to confuse me.) It looks fine; it's just funny that all these changes happen on the one week I'm out of town!
  7. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Took me a while to get used to it, ("Bright light! Bright light!"), but it's lokin' pretty cool! :D And its a lil' confusing, but you confused me the LAST time you changed everything, & I got used to THAT, so I'm sure I'll figure it out!
  8. jediX

jediX Active Member

I DEFINATELY like the old version better..... :smirk:
  9. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

It took me about 5 minutes to get used to, but now I really like it. In a few weeks, I'm sure everyone will have forgotten what the old one looked like anyway. Keep up the good work, Phil!!
  10. It's www.henson.com all over again (click if your dare)!
  11. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Well, so far, I like it. I haven't messed around with all the bells and whistles, but it's good that people will be able to customize things to their own preferences.
  12. jediX

jediX Active Member

While I'm at it, here's complaint #2...

Where are the IM names? The best people to talk to on messengers come from on here and without the "add to list" ability on profiles..... :(
  13. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Everythings so blue :concern:
  14. Phillip

Click on the person's name next to their avatar and you'll see a drop-down list of options. This should be what you are looking for.
  15. jediX

jediX Active Member

Um...nope. All I get under that are the former little icon options that were on the posts. What I'm referring to is Aim/Yahoo/Msn usernames. They used to be on profiles but now are MIA...
  16. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

WOW! It sure was weird to get up and see this! I don't know how I feel about it yet... And yeah Matt's right, where's the IM names? They aren't in the user profile.
  17. Phillip

I'll work on the IM situation and post again here with more info.
  18. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh Everythings all shinny and new! yeah it will take some getting used to but... Oh what does this button do!!??!?!
  19. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh...It posted my message...huh, well how about dat...

Zach,;-)
  20. Beebers

Beebers New Member

Ditto. :concern: :concern: :concern: