1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Dec 6, 2003.

1. jediX

jediX Active Member

While we are being honest here with input, here is my main problem with it:

I just don't like how the username/avatar/misc info is shown above the posts; it makes it all cluttered. What else... well the obvious messenger screen name disappearance as well as the lack of location in user info shown on posts. It's not terrible now, I just liked it better the old way. It also seems reduntant to have the same links in the site's flash menu and in the java pulldowns, but oh well...not a big deal.

Positives? The colors are alright, but it would be definately cool if there were multiple color schemes to choose from. I'd love a green & silver option...that way it would match my color scheme :)
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well it completely crashed my browser first time (Javascript errors) but it seems ok now although the error is still there. Overall I like it - nicer colours and a more spacious feeling.
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I agree. We may take them off the Flash forum menu since they are now built-in on every page. Also, as I said earlier there are a lot more changes coming graphically. This isn't our final graphic set by any means.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Love it Phil. Now, unlike Jedi, what I like MOST is the fact that the avater goes above the post. It is too cool.
  5. jtatooine

jtatooine New Member

oooh I like it. I like the pull down menus and the overall style. The colors may take a little getting used to.
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I see two more spaces on the Smilie bar. Does that mean we get to have Chef and Crazy Harry, or is there still only 15 allowed?

Also, Phil, did you get my e-mail I sent you a couple of days ago?
  7. Phillip

Yes, I got your e-mail and will write you back.
  8. jediX

jediX Active Member

I sent some several weeks ago as well... did you get those?
  9. Thijs

Thijs Member

Hmm, not sure yet what I think about it. The 'search this thread' option might come in handy (or did that exist already :D?)
  10. Phillip

Yep. Just overflowing with e-mail right now. I'm working on getting caught up and will respond ASAP.
  11. jediX

jediX Active Member

Phew...I was worried it didn't go through.
  12. Thijs

Thijs Member

Where is the button 'Mark all buttons read'
  13. Phillip

"Mark all read" is under "Quick Links" at the top of the screen. This is also on every page. At the bottom of the home page is a "mark all read" link as well.
  14. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

This new version's kinda cool...but it's also kind of confusing....I like the old one better. :( But I do love the new user cp area.

Fuzzy and blue........ :cry: :attitude: :concern:

Mr.Penguin
  15. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Hey, I just noticed these post icons have gone from yellow to blue. Pretty.
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

When I search for new posts, some of the topics that appear are in bolder print than others and there isn't any rhyme or reason. Not that this is a biggy, but I wondered why.
  17. jediX

jediX Active Member

I think the bold titles appear that way because they have new unread posts. Maybe? Probably?
  18. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I don't think so, they remain in bold after I have read them.
  19. jediX

jediX Active Member

Odd. That's how it works in the new posts page...
  20. Phillip

Yes, they are bold if they contain new messages. You may need to refresh the page though for this to change.