1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I was away from the internet for a few days so when I got back I got a shock to see the new forum style, I thought I could have been going crazy for a while there because I couldnt see anything mentioned about a new style til now. I like the new style but I think I like the old colours better for some reason, maybe its just because we are so used to the old one.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Anyway, Phil, you didn't answer my Q earlier. Is there two more spaces on the smilie bar? Are we ging to get Crazy Harry and the Chef? Or is the extra two slots just an illusion?
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Whether or not we can add a couple more smilies depends upon what other minor vB3 changes are in store before the final version rolls out. So I don't have a definite answer at this point. If we can add a couple more, we will definitely consider doing it.
  4. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

We already have Crazy Harry.

:crazy: See? There he is.

Want to see him again?

:crazy: "Hello!"

:zany: "Quack!"

Someone get that penguin out of my post.
  5. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Done.
  6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Close enough…
  7. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Them varmints are everywhere. ;)

:zany: There's another! BLAM BLAM BLAM!

No penguins were harmed in the making of this post, on account of that was a Nerf gun.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ah yes. I forgot that, because I never thought of him as being the right shape...
  9. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

New look of the forum

Just wanted to say I finally got a good chance to see how the new forum REALLY looks. (Since returning to IL, I hadn't been using my computer but my parents', and there's something seriously jazzed up with all the colors on my parents' computer.) The new look is very sharp. I think I liked it better having our avatars on the side, but that's a quibble. I'm sure I'll get used to this. But the colors are lovely and the graphics seem smoother and cleaner.

So hurray for the new look to MC's forum!
  10. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Totally off topic, but Chilly, I LOVE you avatar! Christmas Fiery! SQUEE!
  11. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Thanks! I was hoping somebody would notice. :D
  12. smcguire

smcguire New Member

I've been away for a while but I wanted to come back and comment on this... considering that Safari is now the default browser for Mac OS X, I'm not sure it qualifies as "obscure." I suppose you could try to argue that Macs are "obscure" computers, but...

There's a lot of websites that don't work quite right or don't work at all with Macintoshes. Considering the web wasn't originally meant to be platform-specific, that's really a shame, and it would be too bad if Muppet Central became one of those sites.

By the way, I was once again instantly rerouted to the "you must register" screen when I visited the forum today, even though this is the same computer I visited it on the last time and cleared out my cookies. So it appears this will be a recurring problem for the browsers it happens in.

There are also some small layout glitches in the new vBulletin software in Safari - for instance, the "Quote message in reply" checkbox in the Quick Reply section doesn't get drawn inside the "options" box.

--Scott M.
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. Some of these issues will be corrected after an upgrade to VB3 RC1. I don't have an exact date for this yet but stay tuned to the announcements folder. In the meantime make sure you have the latest version of Safari installed. We want to do everything possible to keep the site functional for Mac users.
  14. smcguire

smcguire New Member

You're welcome, and thank you, Phillip.

--Scott M.