vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I thought something was different. I've got to stop dissapearing for days.

jtatooine

Reaction score
Are the bold titles gone? They seem to be on my end. I hope not, it made things so much easier when looking for new posts.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The bold titles are still there for threads containing new posts. This has not changed since Saturday.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
dang miss a few days and what happens? EVERYTHING CHANGES! Freaky...no I think I like it, although I don't know about the color scheme....(of course my room is 6 different colors, so my advice probably isn't worth much)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
PHIL!!! you did something that made me very happy!!!! When I use faces in quick reply, they work now!! YOU ROCK! *dances around room*

camillachick

Reaction score
New stuff is wierd...

Okay it's really alright, I just gotta get used to it. What's up with being prompted to log on right away since "I am not allowed to view this page"? As soon as I go back to the main page and hit the forum button again the prompt disappears and voila! The page is viewed without me logging in. Will that change later when you finish converting the style?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Typically, it's best if you login and out before and after each forum session. When you login the prompt goes away. There is a logout button in the top right-hand corner.

What page are you not able to see if you aren't loged in? This may be that way be design or it might be something that needs to be adjusted.

Telekinesis

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Typically, it's best if you login and out before and after each forum session. When you login the prompt goes away. There is a logout button in the top right-hand corner.

What page are you not able to see if you aren't loged in? This may be that way be design or it might be something that needs to be adjusted.
I think it might be something that needs adjusted, I don't think it should do that. I've noticed it too and it seems strange to me, I think it's used when you set the message board to only be viewed by people who are logged in. It's obviously not enforced though, so you can get around it without much of a problem. Just click the drop-down box and select a forum, should take you there without the 'not logged in' page showing up again.

Besides that, I think the new look is great. :smile:

camillachick

Reaction score
1)
After hitting the "forum" button under the otter playing banjo (on the main page), I see the forum as usual, then immediately I get a prompt to login listing 4 reasons I may need to do this. One reason is something like, "You may not be able to access this page without logging in". But there is no need for me to log in. I can access the page fine if I hit my browser's back button and hit the "forum" under the otter again. The second time there is no prompt to log in. I view the forum without a problem- never having logged in. My question is, why is the prompt there if anyone can view the page without logging in?

2)
Some of the words in some posts overlap. One example is the quote from the person you reply to, and the first line of the resonse. Will that go away when you are finished with the style change?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
camillachick,

Please leave the forum, delete your cookies and then shut down your browser. It's possible that the old/new settings could be conflicting with each other.

Can you please give me the following info?

1. Operating system
2. Browser type (IE, Netscape, Opera, etc.)
3. Browser version number (6.0, 5.5, etc.)