Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Luke

Reaction score
Re: scarecrow and quinn:

Originally posted by beaker
My vision for a new Muppet film is something very rich, cinematic, bold, visionary, and something so new and ambitious it's hard to even speak about it. It would be timeless, flowing like sands of time...a Muppet film of epic proportions.
Kinda like 'The Muppets Present ... Ghandi' ???? Loving your work as usual Cormesiter - I'm lovin your work ! :big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: FROGYQATSI

Scarecrow: I thought I'd just tweak your parody just a bit...
Nice! I was going to do more with it, but got lazy and decided I could hide behind the "less is more" theory. Besides, I didn't feel like looking up the Hopi word for frog or even amphibian... and "Muppeqatsi" would be too obvious.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Kinda like 'The Muppets Present ... Ghandi' ???? Loving your work as usual Cormesiter - I'm lovin your work ! :big_grin:
Thanks Luke! Yeah, something sweeping in that Lawrence of Arabia thing...I mean JHC made a calendar fim parody of Lawrence of Arabia and English Patient...why cant they put two and two together? Anyways, Luke, Im just getting started...my passiona nd creativity for the Muppets has barely begun to kick into high gear.

Scott: Heh, thanks. I noticed the title was left as is, so I was wanting to do a more Muppet version of the title, then it hit me 'Frogyqatsi'. Oh the wonders of photoshop, heh. But this makes me think of something...on Palisades they had a contest to show off doctored pix of figures in film parodies.

Since obviously JHC arent doing any new Muppet film parodies for the calendars, what if we all made are on and posted them?
I just did that new Meeptrix one, and Scott did this great one.

Ok, now for an explanation...in 1983 director Godfrey Reggio along with minimalist composer Phillip Glass came out with the astonishing 'Koyannisqatsi' film, a kind of pre IMAX type movie with the most sweeping epic cinematography...scenes of the American landscape, the grand canyon, life in Manhattan and San Francisco, inside a twinky factory, arcade games, computer grids...amazing stuff. This was followed up by 'Powwaqatsi' in 1988, a bit more boring yet effective film, a look at every day life in thrid world countries. Now in 2002 theyre back with their boldest vision yet 'Nagoyqati: Life as war', a look at this 5 second soundbyte buzz word information highway fast food ultra violent manmade human genome MTV microsoft mcdonalds world we live in...the kind of world that the new Muppet film seemed to in part cater to.

'Qatsi' is the ancient Hopi Indian word for 'life' and the prefixes on the trilogy have to do with struggles or man versus technology.

Very interesting stuff: http://www.koyaanisqatsi.org/
http://www.naqoy.com/

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
WHAT BOOB JOKES WERE THERE??????? i'm being ignored...AGAIN!
I dont think there were any boob jokes per say...Pepe staring down at Joan Cusack's cleavage like a hord dog(or king prawn, heh) There was an unusual mount of alcohol/drunk references...not sure about the site of Animal and the beer bong.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I had no problem with the fat gay Muppet...thought it was a cute bit with the dancers :smile:

I'd also guess that if you walked around any playground today, you'd find "sucks" is pretty much already used, accepted, and tolerated.

I REALLY like Beaker's idea for a Muppet movie :big_grin:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
not sure about the site of Animal and the beer bong.
he was chugging egg nog. but scooter was drunk for sure! he had the lamp shade on his head!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've just seen it a third time and I have no clue what the big deal really is. The one thing I know is that this is a fan forum and for better or worse everyone's opinion is valid because we are all fans. We are the people who have put so much time, effort and money into the Muppet Show characters so we are certainly allowed are take on the situation. :smile:

As for me, I do hope the Muppets continue down this road. I didn't really hear any negative magazine or newspaper reviews that cited any of the controversies expressed in these threads so that's a good thing. I sometimes think we all have our own private take on what the Muppets really are.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I don't know about any critic reviews yet, but I did notice that there were a few "fans" on the Disney board that Stevie provided the link for who mentioned the exact same misgivings that I (and a couple other people here) have had.

As a parent and teacher who comes into contact with literally hundreds of children and parents every day, I think I can safely bet that there are lots of "regular" (read non-Muppet obsessed) people out there who weren't as thrilled with this film as most of the MC community was.

I am not saying either group is "right" or "wrong", but it should be recognized that for every person who loved it, there is probably someone else who thought it was __________ (insert mild to strong word expressing displeasure here).