Very Merry Questions

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the VMC DVD, and I've watched the deleted scenes...

Here's my questions....

Who performs Sam during the Moulin Scrooge clip? It is definately not Kevin Clash, meaning he obviously looped dialouge for the movie. (My guess was Bill Barretta..)

Also, who performed the Snowman, as in the deleted scene he had a different voice, not Mel Brooks, who was dubbed in later?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Who performs Sam during the Moulin Scrooge clip? It is definately not Kevin Clash, meaning he obviously looped dialouge for the movie. (My guess was Bill Barretta..)
TP has a cast list, that have been confirmed. And John Kennedy is listed as the puppeteer of Sam.

You can see the list here http://www.toughpigs.com/extrachristmascast.htm

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought Sam sounded just like Frank's...Guess I was wrong, again.

ANyway, I didn't notice any difference now that Frank's been replaced. Did you guys?

Scooter sounded like Gonzo though, and Janice wasn't quite right. "Like I was totally tuning my harp!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think Scooter would sound fine if his voice were a little deeper.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Scooter's voice needs to be softer. It's kind of rainy. Scooter sounds good in the new muppet video game. He hosts a mini-game that come pre-unlocked so you can hear it as soon as you open the game. Not bad. I haven't heard Janice on the game yet, but I didn't like Janice in AVMMC at all.

BTW, I have yet to hear a good replacement for Sam. I'd like to hear what Eric Jacobson could do. Seems like the on,ly reason he doesn't do Cookie Monster or Sam s because someone else already had the job.

Oh, and when I watched AVMMC last year, I had no idea Frank Oz didn't perform Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, or Sam. In fact I thought they better than they'd been in years! Especially Fozzie. He was so in character it's not even funny (or rather it was funny :big_grin:).

SundownMotel

Reaction score
I was so enamored of AVMCC when I saw it. I thought it was the funniest as best the Muppets had been in years. I knew something was amiss with Sam, Janice, and Scooter, but I was sure Frank Oz had something to do with Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, and "Yoda". I should have known something was up when I actually enjoyed Piggy's stuff for a change!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
In fact I thought they better than they'd been in years! Especially Fozzie. He was so in character it's not even funny (or rather it was funny :big_grin:).
I'd love to agree with this statement! Fozzie and Piggy were both especially in correct performance for a change! I think having a performer on the set whose voice is being used on the final track makes a huge difference and allows for more freedom during the performance; otherwise, they have to stick directly to the script so when Frank would dub the voices it would all work 'smoothly.'

I applaud the new performers, too, for bringing back our classic faves--they sound a little raw right now,but they'll get better in time!

MORE ROWLF, JHC!! :sympathy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think what works really well is that Eric really knows Frank's characters. Even in interviews that I've seen Fozzie in, he stays perfectly in character. Also, there is a short interview with Piggy on the DVD, and I think it's Frank Oz. I mean, it sounds exactly like Frank Oz. Has to be him.

Edit: If you want to hear more Rowlf, I suggest getting Muppet Party Cruise. It has a surprising large amount of Rowlf. He shows up on the game board and hosts his own mini-game.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on the replacement characters' performers:
Miss Piggy: Excellent! Eric did an excellent job sounding just like the original Miss Piggy.

Fozzie: Great, but not as good as Piggy IMO.

Scooter: Pretty good, the voice seems to fit his character, even if it doesn't sound a lot like the "original" Scooter voice.

Janice: Blah. Didn't sound like Janice at all to me. Not to say I wasn't happy Janice had some speaking parts, but it just seemed wrong. The voice didn't fit (unlike w/ Scooter)

Sam the Eagle: Good. Kevin did a good job w/ Sam's voice. His "dialect" or something like that, was good, even if the actual voice wasn't perfect. Like, the way he said "The words on my coffee mug are right!" it's the way he said it.

Lew Zealand: Not bad. Bill did a good replacement voice for Lew, and it sounded a lot like him.

Animal: pretty good. From the little bit that Eric did of him ("Rum pa rum pum! Pa rum pum! DRUMMER BOOOYY!") it sounded pretty good.

Rowlf: Good. We heard a tiny bit of Rowlf at the end, and I thought it sounded good.

Now we just need a little bit more of the Electric Mayhem and we'll be allll set. heh heh.