Video: Crack Master Sesame Street animation

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With this segment finally seen, I wonder what the next "holy grail" will be (well, we still haven't seen the full original version of Rubber Duckie, or the full 1972 version of ABC-DEF-GHI, and there's the "Surprise!" song with the human cast that some of us seem to think of as holy grails. And then there's ANY English-language versions of Leslie Mostly and Deena and Pearl sketches).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Crack Master never really scared me. Probably because I was older when it originally aired (the red-hot I-beam didn't faze me, either). As I mentioned on the "What Scared You" thread, it's amazing how something can totally freak you out
and I might not even blink. Then something that could be nightmare fuel for me could seem totally harmless to you. Depends on how you're wired.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
After hearing about this for so long, it was great to finally see it! Thanks to whoever posted it.:batty::insatiable::smile:

Now I need to update my "Sesame Street Thriller" music video :big_grin:
I LOVE that video, by the way. If you do an updated version, please post the link on the thread here- I'd love to check it out.:scary:

cjd874

Reaction score
In my opinion, this was a little bit underwhelming, considering all the hype surrounding it. But I see how this could have freaked out young kids. There have been plenty of much scarier and creepier segments on SS (Beautiful Day Monster's B skit, the bird and the toothbrush, Ernie and the Egyptian mummy, that "under-the-influence" surrealist bird cartoon, etc). But this one definitely belongs in the top 10, and it was great to finally see it.

P.S Anyone else think that the girl looks like Maria when she first joined Sesame Street (early to mid 1970s)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. Looking at it as an adult, it really doesn't seem too creepy. Probably lessened by the fact the Crack master was just narrated, and didn't have the sinister, deep voice you'd expect. But then again, a lot of the sketches that some claim that scared them just didn't bug me at all. I thought the Ernie and Bert pyramid thing was more awesome than creepy. As an adult I LOVE the irony of this sketch about not being afraid of something actually scared kids.

But then again, any time something's hyped up, it will always be disappointing on some level. You build something up in your imagination that it doesn't deliver.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually I can totally see myself as a kid walking up to my room in the dark and getting the willies thinking of that narration, lol. Something about it and that sax accompaniment is a little unsettling. And that whole "At night behind the door I think I've heard one more..." ::SHIVERS:: That kind of imagery always freaked me out and pretty much still does, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. No doubt it would have creeped a bunch of kids out. It's just a lot tamer than the description let on. But it really doesn't strike me as it was pulled. It seems likely that it scared kids, sure, but it seems more likely that it was just one skit of hundreds and got lost in the shuffle.

There's so many other lost Sesame Street segments that haven't resurfaced yet. I hope they get found soon enough as well. We were DARN lucky this one managed to fall into our laps.