1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

While fans are discussing Kevin Clash's resignation here, we wanted to have a positive and uplifting thread celebrating the 28 years of work Kevin Clash has contributed to Sesame Street, the Muppets and other Henson productions.

Please post here with your favorite Kevin Clash video or memory in honor of the countless lives that Kevin has positively impacted.

[​IMG]
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Some really nice personal apperances that Kevin made with Elmo. Kevin was so loving and dedicated to people.

One of my favorite "Being Elmo" discussion panels. I love Elmo's (and Kevin's) reaction to a question about Richard Hunt!

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Here's one of my favorites that I first saw last year:

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

this is one of my favorites

5. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I just got the DVD of the actual special titled "Put Down the Duckie" in the mail today coincidentally enough. Makes it a lot more bittersweet considering we won't have anymore Hoots for a while.

6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

A bunch of Baby Sinclair clips.

7. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

One of my all time favorites. Especially Chris Cerf. :) My favorite singer. :)
  8. mupcollector1

I'm going to miss Kevin, what a great talented funny Muppeteer he was :)

Just in case no one has ever seen this, this is Kevin goofing around at his best behind the scenes. And pestering of Kirk Thatcher who I think tells Kevin to shut up when he's having so much fun messing around with Baby Sinclair.lol

Kevin with Jim, one of Jim's last tv apperances

This one came to my mind recently. :)

One of my top favorite moments from Kevin, and my favorite from Leon :) My Favorite Kevin Clash Character. It's a shame he didn't last after JHH and this Bill Cosby episode. Though I think he got recycled for a gag on the Larry King Show apperance in 1993 I think.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  9. mupcollector1

I ran out of room on my first post, got a few more favorites I wanted to share.

Also his blue Koosebanian Extreme, great hilarious voice! lol

You might want to skip around for them, I thought I put the link for a specific time on these longer videos but I guess the form can't read the timed chapter youtube link. Sorry about that.

He's even did some really cool vocals in this sort of recent one as well.

I love to find some of his Harold Handupme segments but they don't seem to be on the internet, well the clips themselves aren't.
    ploobis and Mo Frackle like this.
  10. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

My Favorite moment was when Elmo Sang Measure up with JB and when Elmo used to say to kermit a.k.a (Mister frog, Green Frog)

:):laugh: I am going to miss KEVIN CLASH and No one can do Elmo like he did we will miss you KEVIN CLASH and thank you for bring Elmo to our lives and our kids happy faces...:sympathy::(:cry::grouchy::cry::cry::cry::(
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  11. Mo Frackle

I'm going to miss him too.

12. mupcollector1

I loved how Justin Bieber finally got a Muppet version of himself. lol I was watching some early Elmo clips on the Sesame Street Video Site. I think I liked that Elmo the best, to me that's when he was funny. I liked the one with him and Prairie Dawn in space.

This one my Mom used to sing to me everytime we moved when I was a kid. She didn't know must of the lyrics. lol

By the way, when did Kathryn Mullen work on Sesame?
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  13. mupcollector1

Awesome! Thanks for posting the 80s Elmo clips, I love these. lol
  14. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

15. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Don't forget about Benny Rabbit.

And Baby Natasha as well.

Here's Elmo's appearance with Zoe and Gonzo at the Cinema Arts Center.
    theSHE124 and Mo Frackle like this.
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Hard to pick just one favorite moment of Kevin Clash. Every moment has been delightful. His talent will be missed. Kevin Clash has been around for alot of childhoods (including mine). Not just Sesame Street and The Muppets. But on the Great Space Coaster as well.
    mupcollector1 and Mo Frackle like this.
  17. mupcollector1

Oh yeah, didn't Kevin perform that weird yellow orange Monster guy. What's his name? I remember seeing a clip of him popping balloons. I've seen clips of that show. Was the show popular or last long? It came before my time. lol I hear about The Great Space Coaster from time to time. That alien goat like host kind of reminded me of The Muppet Show newscaster for some reason.
  18. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

His name is Goriddle Gorilla and he is performed by Kevin Clash. He is from The Great Space Coaster, which ran on first-run syndication from 1981 to 1986.The "alien goat-like host" your talking about is Gary Gnu, who is performed by Jim Martin. Here are clips from The Great Space Coaster featuring Goriddle Gorilla.

Mo Frackle and Hayley B like this.
  19. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

I think if Jarrod Boutcher Tried out for the voice of elmo he would make it
  20. Mo Frackle

Well, there really aren't ever any try outs. The original performer usually chooses the next performer themself. And remember, voice is only part of the performance. The character itself is what's more important.

Getting back on topic...
    Animal31 likes this.