1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Here's a great Elmo moment:

Mo Frackle likes this.
  2. bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

Dear Kevin Clash,
    I'm really sorry things aren't going so well for you these past few months. I wish the world wasn't so cruel or horrifying, but I suppose we just have to make do, don't we? I can only imagine how hard things are for you at work and in your own personal life, but I just wanted to let you know that no matter what happens in the next weeks to come, you'll always be Elmo to me and nothing will ever change that.
    With love and admiration,
    ~Figgie.

On a side note, my favorit moment is with Ricky Gervais on a behind the scenes clip interview. You can hear Kevin laughing the whole time and it's incredibly sweet and hillarious!
    :laugh:
    Muppet fan 123 and vettech28 like this.
  3. vettech28 Active Member

I think one of Kevin's best performances when he was with the Muppets is as Ace Yu from Dog City. His voice performance as Ace is fantastic, he brought seriousness and humor to the character so well.
  4. ploobis Well-Known Member

5. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

This recent clip with Train is particularly sad, since both of the Muppeteers behind it are gone.

:batty: :laugh: We'll all miss you, guys.
  6. ncchuck Active Member

THANK YOU for staring this post I needed it thank you :)
  7. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here are two more moments with Elmo & The Count interacting together.

This is so overwhelming. :cry:
  8. sesamemuppetfan Active Member

Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments, huh? Wow, this is going to be tough, considering that I have a lot of favorite moments with his involvement on SS and The Muppets, in general. One of my all-time favorite home videos with his involvement is Elmo Says Boo! (Thank you, FrackleFan2012, for saving me the trouble of posting the link, as well as the This Old Bat song. SuperGzilla12, I totally agree with you on the "Five By" song.) :batty:

Here's one of my favorite episodes of his involvement:

Also, here are a couple of my favorite songs with his involvement:

(this one is especially significant, because this video includes Grover, and as you all know, he is Kevin's all-time favorite SS character.) :super:

(It's hard to believe that all 3 of the men behind this song are gone; Jim, Kevin, AND Jeff!) :p :laugh:

I have other favorite Kevin moments, but these links are all just a few that really stick to my mind.
    theSHE124 likes this.
  9. vettech28 Active Member

As I've said earlier, easily one of Kevin's best Muppet performances:

10. dvbtucson New Member

I wish I could share video share from one of my absolute favorite Kevin Clash moments - Kevin as Elmo with Jerry Nelson as Floyd at one of the Q&A sessions at the Muppetfest in 2001 (the fan question started out by asking about Janice). I would love to see that video if anyone has it!
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  11. Animal31 Active Member

Kind of off subject, but I wonder.......

I had read somewhere (Don't know for sure if it's true) that when Jim passed they made a totally new Kermit for Steve. If that's true, does each performer starting out with a key character get their own version, and if so, does Kevin get to keep his?
  12. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

If we're going for Elmo (Kevin) and the Count (Jerry) moments, I want to mention that one of my favorites is the conversation they had in "Elmo Saves Christmas." That's one of the best moments in that special, seems like the two of them always had quite a close relationship. (Both the puppeteers and the characters.) Then there were all of Kevin's non-Elmo characters. I think one of my favorite non-Elmo Kevin Clash moments was Hoots the owl with "Put Down the Duckie." Also, I think Clifford should get an honorable mention as well. I enjoyed his role as the host of "Muppets Tonight." Sure it didn't compare to Kermit hosting TMS, but he had his own style, so that's something I admire.
  13. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

You know that's very possible, since I know a different Big Bird is used when Matt performs him. I'm thinking they should let Kevin keep his. That would be convenient for if he ever decides to return to the show in the future, but I really don't know what the deal is with that.
  14. cjd874 Well-Known Member

Kevin's got a GREAT singing voice in my opinion. Not as good as Jerry's or Richard's, but very good nonetheless. Kevin did a lot of great tunes, from "Elmo's Song" and "Put Down the Duckie" to "Rebel L" and "Just Happy to Be Me" with his Muppet, Kingston Livingston III.
    I would have posted "Put Down the Duckie" as my favorite KC moment, but it's already been done.
  15. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Kevin's probably got one of the best vocal ranges of the Muppeteers. He can do falsetto as Elmo, and make it sound great, and go low like with Hoots or "Rebel L".
    cjd874 likes this.
  16. Kuriboh Man Active Member

Let's not forget Dog City in which he Played Ace Yu

and then in the Animated Series he Played Elliot Shag!

He along with Jim Henson played a Vital Role in my Childhood!
  17. WorldOfSesame Member

18. WorldOfSesame Member

While I'm at it I must put up some Elmo. This is Elmo's Sing Along Guessing Game (Full).
  19. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

This video is a great one because of Elmo, Hoots, and Wolfgang the Seal being in one video together.
    Mo Frackle, theSHE124 and cjd874 like this.
  20. mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Though I will admit this and it's just my opinion, I've never been much of an Elmo fan. But I just love how Kevin performed Elmo o ff screen or off Sesame rather. I think he mentioned in a Tough Pigs interview that how The Muppets in general would become more rebellious off screen and on late night. This is sort of a sort example. Elmo is doing some sort of press thing, people are taking lots of pictures then Elmo shouts "ALRIGHT ALREADY! YOUR DRIVING ELMO CRAZY!" lol And I just cracked up. Amazing. There was also a Conin O Brian appearance I also found funny. (http://teamcoco.com/video/elmo-defends-redheads)

Then I thought when watching these videos. I really miss seeing Kevin performing. I hope everything will get better and we'll see him perform with The Muppets again. Either Sesame, The Muppets or both. :) Kevin is so funny and talented :)