1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Video: Pigs in Space “Alien: Look Who's Coming to Dinner”

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

And now... "Piiiiigs in Spaaaaaaace!"

Here is the first of several anticipated new "Pigs in Space" videos directed by Kirk Thatcher.

If you've seen this video please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Such a good and funny first episode! Matt Vogel sounds great as the announcer and Dr Strangepork (im assuming he's doing both) Also the writing was hilarious, and I did not expect to see Pepe pop out of Links stomach! Can't wait for the 2nd one

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  3. Aww, how great to see this back 20 years later. Started a bit frantic, but loved the whole Pepe/Alien homage, very funny, a great early Xmas present for Muppet fans. I heard they have filmed 4. Anyone know when we'll get the next one?

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, that was... unusual, but still alright. I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it, the jokes were very much in the spirit of "The Muppet Show", but this was a bit more disturbing than usual. I understand that they were parodying that scene from "Alien" but it's a little unnerving to see a Muppets' guts. But, the humor, at least for the Pepe parts were pretty funny and it's great to finally see Dr. Strangepork get a major role after all these years, and great to see Link once again. I hope this is the beginning of the return of more internet sketches like the ones they had back in 2008.

Muppet Master likes this.
  5. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Good video overall! I was weirded out by Pepe emerging from Link's stomach, but the jokes were pretty funny. Definitely more adult-oriented than anything the Muppets have done in recent years. I do hope that we get more Pigs in Space installments soon. Come to think of it, it wouldn't be a bad idea if the Muppets could produce some some Swedish Chef, Vet's Hospital, Muppets Labs, and News Flash skits, either.

For some reason, I'm not sure if it's Matt Vogel or Dave Goelz performing Dr. Strangepork here. I hear inflections of Constantine, Gonzo, and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew...so can anyone help me out here?

6. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I looked ovary and ovary, but there was no womb!

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It's definitely Matt, you can tell because it sounds like his voice for Pops. Plus, Matt's played Strangepork in all of his other recent appearances so...
    That joke was so disgusting I shouldn't have laughed at it as hard as I did, lol.

MikaelaMuppet and LaRanaRene like this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

An article on the Nerdist says another one is coming next week (a spoof of Gravity) and that it's the last one of the year, so more should come in 2017.

9. LinkLady77

LinkLady77 Member

That was gross yet very funny! I like how it didn't take the predicable route of a Miss Piggy karate chop ending. I'm so glad that I was emailed by Muppet Central about this wonderful announcement. Link is absolutely adorable in this and Dr. Strangepork sounds fabulous. Sigh....love, love, love! Can't wait for more!!!

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The interactions between Link and Pepe were what made this for me. "Give me keeses!"

Say, is that Kevin as the space squid? I thought I detected a hint of Polly Lobster or Benny Rabbit in that delivery, "None of ya bizznessss!"

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's Bruce Lanoli (or however that's spelled).

12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I can't believe we've been waiting for the new skits SINCE LAST YEAR!!!!

More than anything, I've been wanting to see how Matt would do with Hogthrob and he did a pretty awesome job! The voice wasn't quite there, but along with Robin I really don't mind that. It was good to see more of Steve's Link too! As much as I love Eric, I'm kinds glad Piggy took a backseat for this one. She'll probably steal the show in the next one.

It is just me or did the sketch play out exactly like a Veterinarians Hospital skit? They were standing around a table making puns about the person lying on the table with a medical problem.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This was pretty funny. Matt makes a good Strangepork.

Duke Remington likes this.
  14. tarasis

tarasis New Member

Indeed I saw a post on Facebook yesterday tagged with Kirk Thatcher that mentioned that it was a year (and that he had worked on the eps which I thought was cool). Its a shame that its taken them till now to get them out.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  15. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

This certainly was a funny sketch that made great use of Pepe, and great use of adult humor with his reproductive organ puns, too. I wasn't bothered by the Alien homage at all, as there was no blood and therefore not too inappropriate for the Muppets.

It's wonderful that we're getting new Muppet web content after the cancellation of the muppets. Let's hope the Muppet Studio can keep this up! :)

16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I love the 1st Episode of these NEW Pis In Space sketches!:mad: :rolleyes:

Matt Vogel does a great job with Strangepork and the Announcer!

Kirk Thatcher also did a great job directing too. The humor and jokes remind me so much of the ol' Muppet Show! :)

17. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So that critter from the beginning that sounded like Big Mean Carl was a "space squid". good to know for future reference.

The whole parody of Aliens was funnily done. Gotta say, that took guts.
    :rolleye: I know, I'm wearing them.

So many good lines from this one sketch alone.
    :rolleyes: Waaaah! I wants to go back inside the disgustings tummy!

18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Some of Matt's voices sound a little like Bunsen. '80s Robot and his Robin come to mind.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  19. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

Saying goes "First Impressions always count"
    And sure enough, it was a fantastic return! Job well done!

20. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Solid sketch, so happy PIS is back but knowing Disney, they'll wait for 2 more years to release the next video on the youtube channel.