1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet maniac, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

In that case, I withdraw my reservations and replace them with a: SQUEEEEE! :fanatic:
    fufumuppet likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaay!!!!! :)I saw the news on Facebook!!! Once again have every bit of faith this will be seeing a release sometime next year!!! So glad and blessed I own a blu-ray player!!! :D Disney you rock!!!
    fufumuppet and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i am finally getting one in febuary of 2013 so i can finally see the blu-ray of The Muppets and MCC
    fufumuppet likes this.
  4. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

I CAN'T WAIT I am buying this movie again I have it in video and DVD:):D;):electric::cool::sing::dreamy::super::excited::jim::fanatic:

fufumuppet likes this.
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, tell me about it. I have got to get a Blu-Ray player. I guess that's what all the cool kids have these days..look how much excitment there is on Blu-Ray. You don't see this with DVD anymore.
    fufumuppet and Muppetgirl1 like this.
  6. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

I saw the trailer just now!
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I bought one last year with money my husband got back from taxes. Got a good deal on one too. I love it!!! And it did have to do when The Muppets was coming out on blu-ray. :p
    fufumuppet likes this.
  8. muppetlover123

then there was MCC and now TMM... :) oh lordy
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'd love to have an HD quality screenshot of the finale when this comes out; it'll make a gorgeous desktop background.
  10. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I have this weird thing about me where when new technology comes out, I end up waiting about a few years until I deside to buy it just to make sure nothing ends up like the Laserdisc. lol It took me awhile to get into mp3 players but now I just love having an ipod. Now it's time for me to get a blu-ray player. My friend told me that I need to get a whole new TV set to enjoy blu-ray to it's fullest. Which I'm a little nervious because I got a big screen TV, old one. lol
    fufumuppet likes this.
  11. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Same here, Does blu-ray have a zoom in effect on it? I'd just love to go find the SNL Land of Gorch Muppets in the crowd at the end. I think Ploopis, Scred, Pluda, Wiss and Vash are in it but not Mighty Favog. Perhaps we went with The Beatles since I think he said in one episode he knew them very well. lol
  12. muppetlover123

does bluray have the zoom out affect to see puppeteers?
  13. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

WHOOPIE!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! I hope there's going to be a Disney Intermission like they did with The Muppets and A Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray releases. I hope there's newly-created Muppet footage exclusive to the Blu-ray release, as well as never-before-seen behind the scenes videos and outtakes.
    OH BOY!! I'M GOING TO BLOW UP INTO PIECES!! :excited::):excited::)
    *Literally blows up into pieces*
    fufumuppet likes this.
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This trailer has been on a bunch of Disney Blu-rays since the summer but there's still been no news about a release date.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  15. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They wouldn't have filmed the puppeteers so I doubt that exists.
  16. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

:D My eyes widened when I saw the message "Muppet Movie coming to Blu-ray" in my inbox, and further when I began watching the trailer. The picture quality is so sharp and colorful! I don't think the movie's ever looked this good. I can't wait to get this!!!
  17. muppetlover123

well i mean like some dvd players they have it where u can zoom out and see the puppeteers head a little bit and the sleves of the puppets
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

That's the picture outside the "safe zone" area which is often cropped by many TV's. Hence the reason you'll see the full picture when viewing on a computer and not always when viewing on a television.

If matte removal cropping has been used (and not full 16:9 widescreen) then you'll see more of the puppeteers as well, like in this mock-up Jamie did back in 2002.

[​IMG]
  19. muppetlover123

oh thank you for clarifying
  20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Disney, please put the full uncut version that only the UK got to see on this! This is gonna be awesome!
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.