1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Video: The Muppets "No Room for Boring" Music Video

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Toyota just unveiled this extended version of the "No Room for Boring" song from their upcoming Super Bowl commercial...

Please "like" this post if you enjoyed the "No Room for Boring" music video for the Muppets Super Bowl commercial.

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

A full version of "No Room for Boring" that's slightly crazier than the commercial itself, especially Sweetums' cameo!

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This song rocks!

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Is it just me or will thousands of Muppet fans seriously consider a Toyota Highlander for their next vehicle?

Gotta love the Electric Mayhem! Bravo to the Muppet performers! :D:sing: :flirt::cool::halo:

5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Love it, especially getting to see Sweetums' softer side, hahaha.

EDIT: 2,500 posts!

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Only way to explain it?

[​IMG]

"ILOVEIT! ILOVEIT! I LOOOOOVE IT!"

7. antsamthompson9

I noticed Eric is voicing a character that we can't see here.

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

What character?

And is it just me or does Davids janice sound like baby bear just in this video?

9. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Well-Known Member

It was amazing I loved Janice's Greek looking outfit she looked beautiful :)

Duke Remington and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  10. antsamthompson9

The one who says "Run with it, man!"

11. muppetlover123

Oh i wonder who

12. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

This video is basically a love letter to all Muppet fans. Extra screen time for Gonzo, Rowlf, Sweetums, Rizzo, and the Electric Mayhem. All that and an original Electric Mayhem song? This is basically everything we've been asking for the past ten years!

Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but, nonetheless, this is a great video!

Except

for

one

thing

Animal's drum solo. Now, keep in mind, I would've LOVED this part, had it not been for the way it was introduced. Zoot has a sax solo? Sweet! I hope this is pretty good an- wait, why'd Animal give the camera that look? Wait, why'd he say "Boring"? Wha- DUDE! What're you doing?! He's your band member! For cripes sake, at least show him a little respect.

I know that's Animal's character and all, but, come on, I would've loved hearing Zoot's whole solo. Especially since it's a long time coming.

On a lighter note, loved Sweetums at the end. Aww. The old lug just warms my heart.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The EM just as thrilled to be performing at a Bingo Game as they would be anywhere else. Love it!

:grr:: "Let's all take a bubble bath!"
    :flirt:: "Oohh, Sweetums!"

ElizaSchuyler and Duke Remington like this.
  14. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I wasn't keen on Animal's drum solo. It's about 20 second too long.

Why couldn't they put Lips in there? He could have been there and.....*gasp* talked! That's a big concept for that character.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This song sounds very similar to "You Tickle Me" from Sesame Street. I figured it probably had the same writer, as many songwriters tend to use the same tunes for multiple songs (I remember when I first realized "With Every Beat of My Heart" and "I'm Gonna Always Love You" sounded similar, I figured those songs were parodies of something, before learning that Jeff Moss wrote them both, and many of Moss's other songs sound similar to those two). But then I decided to look up who wrote "You Tickle Me", and saw that it was written by Jeff Moss. I doubt he wrote "No Room for Boring". I wonder if the similarity is a coincidence (as far as I know, neither song is a parody).

That's the only thing that would have made the commercial (the main one and the extended) better.

16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Maybe it was an unseen Rat

17. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

This proves to me that the Muppets don't always need Kermit and Miss Piggy (the faces of the franchise so to speak) to be recognizable. Their off-the-wall humor is what makes them so awesome and, uh, not boring. 'Cause there's no room for boring in the Muppet universe.

I'm really glad to see the Electric Mayhem having a front and center role in this commercial. The song is fantastic, too. But to me, Floyd and Janice's voices still need some work, but it's nothing major.

ElizaSchuyler and JimAndFrank like this.
  18. muppetlover123

I think Floyd's vocals are pretty spot on... but Janice could use a little work.

MuppetGeek likes this.
  19. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Man, I am loving the Toyota Highlander right now.....No, wait! Muppets! I meant Muppets!

It's awesome to see my gorgeous Rowlf finally getting up to speed again, but the Electric Mayhem are nailing it! I think Floyd is pretty spot on and I agree Janice needs a slight voice tweak, but hey, she still looks fantastic!

Sooner or later, the original main gang might be able to interact again! Just something else to look forward to!

20. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

Nice video! Drum solo could have been shorter but you don't hear me complain about it. I'm just one happy Muppet fan. Since a few years new stuff is coming out. I'm just enjoying the moment they are trendy again. If a movie flops, everything can be gone. So I hope they push more clips out!