1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Warburton's Muppet Show Commercial featuring the Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by kathy26, Nov 13, 2015.

1. kathy26

kathy26 Member

i don't know where i should posted this but the muppets did a commerical for Warburtons Giant Crumpets and it had a few muppets like Mahna Mahna,Nigel,Wayne,Wanda,Link,and Dr Strangepork did anybody see the video it was good

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This was a good commercial. I was expecting a giant crumpet character to appear.

After seeing several episodes of The Muppets in a row that don't feature characters who hadn't been on the show yet, and considering the fact that some characters won't appear, it is so good to see so many characters included.

I first saw the announcement of this commercial on Tough Pigs, where the article title mentioned the Muppets introducing a giant crumpet, and I saw a picture from the ending where several Muppets are in an office, and at first I thought it meant that a giant crumpet would be a new character on the show (thinking maybe that's part of the upcoming retool). Of course the scene itself reminds me more of the office scene in The Muppets (the 2011 movie) when they get a deal to have their telethon broadcast.

4. oknazevad

oknazevad New Member

I have never eaten a crumpet in my life. That may just have to change. (Though I doubt they ship to New Jersey.)

5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

That's not a fact. And I don't think it will be for long with Bob Kushell leaving the show.

6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I love the Big Number of Muppets that are featured in this Ad!!! :)

Mo Frackle and Duke Remington like this.
  7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Peter Linz plays a rabbit, but Walter is nowhere. I'm concerned that Walter may not appear at all anymore.

8. Mo Frackle

Hey, I just noticed that green guy is in this commercial. What's his name, again? Bo Freckle? Monty Fraggle? Winston Churchill?

9. ploobis

Mo Frackle

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. Mo Frackle

You called?

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Loved this commercial!

Duke Remington and Mo Frackle like this.
  12. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

LOVE IT!!!!!! Just perfect!!!!

13. ploobis

Did anyone notice that Beautiful Day Monster does not sing along with the other Muppets in this? he just stands there with a grumpy look on his face! LOL!!!

BTW, how many Muppets can you spot in this Fun Ad? ;)

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You realize that you can get crumpets in the U.S., they're just called "English Muffins" instead.

heralde and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

One website says the advert will be aired at 8.30pm during "X factor" which it is at 8pm.

16. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

It's weird that they show so many obscure characters like Pokey, Luncheon Counter Monster, Whatnots and Carter in this commercial but not Walter. Maybe they broke the puppet or something XD

But Peter Linz was asked when Walter will return on Facebook and he said he will eventually.

17. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Crumpets are delicious. Especially just after they come out of the toaster and you let peanut butter melt into the centre! Vegemite works great as well if you have the taste buds for it.

Hmm.....I think I might just pop over to the supermarket to grab a packet...or three or four!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  18. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

That was a great commercial, full of so many different muppets, strange I guess Walter has left the group.

19. camilla

camilla Member

Just saw this. Absolutely loved it. Proper Muppetiness

Duke Remington and LaRanaRene like this.
  20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

But who knows when that "eventually" will come?

LaRanaRene likes this.