1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Warburton's Muppet Show Commercial featuring the Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by kathy26, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

Are you sure? Over here in Australia, they're definitely not the same thing. Crumpets are like spongy pancakes and English muffins are a sort of flat bread roll.

2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That was fun, really weird, but fun. Liked playing spot the Muppet in the background (Nigel!).

3. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I believe his full name is Winston J. Churchill. ;-)

Mo Frackle likes this.
  4. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

This was really an unexpected treat. So many characters. So much mayhem. I have read that there are a lot of Manchester England references (where the factory is? I guess), but it shows that it is clever, well thought out and funny. There are three additional videos you can search for - all are shorter and show a lot of the same footage. One is a behind the scenes where they talk with the directors. One is Statler and Waldorf heckling the ad. And one is a Sing a Long that has the lyrics of the song on screen.

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well I read on muppet wiki that floyd appears twice in the final scene of the song, up front in his lab coat, and then all the way in the back in his normal clothes.

6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

BEHIND THE SCENES!!!

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And once again they hide the performers.:p

8. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

These are all just marvelous. And, from a personal perspective, the timing couldn't be better - Mrs. Otter found these posted online on the night we learned of the Paris terrorist attacks, and it was so comforting to see our old Muppet friends in action in familiar territory before we went to bed on Friday night. (Mrs. Otter even posted the original ad on her Facebook page for that very reason.)

But...Think about this...What interesting timing that these very old-school TMS-style ads are running just as the new ABC series is making its way to Britain. It reminds me of the campaign featuring "The Orange Show" that tied into the release of TM2011.

I still don't think the new ABC series should be revamped to try to mimic TMS, but it makes me smile to think we can still see new TMS-style productions in this day and age.

(That being said: I could see Kermit and Gonzo "having a cuppa while watching Coronation Street," but Floyd? FLOYD???)

9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

The best part of the ad for me (coming from near Manchester) are the references that are probably lost on most people. The "arndale" is the shopping centre in Manchester, the "I love bltn" mugs are short for "I love Bolton" - a small town in Lancashire, close(ish) to Manchester and the home of Warburtons. I have genuinely purchased Giant Crumpets as a result - oh the power of advertising...ahem, Muppets!!

10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

holy goodness, that 2 minutes was better than all eight episodes of the ABC muppet show combined! *in total awe* Wait, Luncheon Counter Monster is back? Hope we see him, Quongo the ape, Nigel, etc in the new show.

Still not sure what a crumpet is tho. Looks like a flying disc used in an Olympic sport

11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Weren't you listening to Fozzie? It's a dog covered all over with breading. :p

12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

So are these guys any relation to Patrick Warburton?

13. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member