1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

View New Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FellowWLover, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Super Scooter New Member

Thank you! I also have an idea for a Koozebanian page that recreates the sketch from The Muppet Valentine Show.

Suggestion: You could always put it on the main page of the news archives.

Er, you might wanna be careful with that rubber chicken. I smacked Fozzie in the head with it one too many times.
  2. FellowWLover Member

Hey, that was *smart* a$$, not *wise* a$$... and definately not plain 'ole a$$... get it right, will ya?!

Edited to add the requisite ;) ... gotta have the ;) ... that way we all know that it is a dig to be ignored, and not just a dig... lol!
  3. scarecroe Active Member

4. Luke Active Member

Y'know thats pretty good - i was expecting like a blue circle with a line for a nose for Gonzo, not detailed stuff. Kudos to you for managing a decent actual Kermit at such a small size - if it was just a few pixels larger it's probably look even better. It's pretty easy to swap in/out smilies in the Vbulletin script - like a few minutes work upoading and configuring in the admin CP. It'd look cool when the new forum design comes together.

Well the 'Peanut Gallery' thing was a 'lil sarcastic too babe - this is Muppet Central - the moderators are supposed to be warm and fluffy ! :eek:

Luke
    King Of Fluff
  5. scarecroe Active Member

What do they call one who fluffs? :eek:
  6. Luke Active Member

A fluffer ! ;)
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

We'll look into that. Interesting idea. I just took the Kermit fromt he cakes.

I'm too skinny to be warm or fluffy. Must be the tofu. My hair is kinda spiky, though. Does that count as fluffiness?

I was quite congenial and receptive to her ideas until the (smart a**) name-calling began. It's sometimes difficult to decipher tone from a post, but it seems clear that she was trying to annoy me. You just can’t please some folks. It's easy to offer endless criticism but much more difficult to create all that has been done to make something as spectacluar like Muppet Central. We've had guides, great articles, a huge colelctibles section, a monster giveaway this month, a new look and lots more. I haven't read anything positive from her about any of that.

I consider you a productive participant. You are there to point out what you like as well as suggestions to make things even better. People tend to react poorly when all someone provides is moaning.
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

D'oh! Im not going near that remark though...

I think this thread has gone beyond crickets and tumbleweeds though...

*inserts randomly dropping Disco Ball, cheesey video editing Star Fade effect, and Indian Headress off the air tv station idenifacation 3am logo*

Btw, the cake contest taught me one thing today: THER EIS A S***LOAD of MC pages we didnt even know about. My gosh, it truly is astonishing all the stuff thats in here...sure a lot of it is pre 2001, but dang. Hope to see some cool new stuff that harkens back to the scoops and exclusives of yore!
  9. radionate New Member

I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word.......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word.......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word......I'm not going to say a word.......
  10. FellowWLover Member

Oh give it up. Smart a$$ is hardly name-calling, especially when you *were* being one... the Carpal Tunnel comment... now tell me you weren't being wise there.

There was nothing harsh about my suggestion, but since it came from me, you just can't see it that way. Fine. I think my idea makes sense and was a perfectly respectible comment. Guess I should have offered it off to Luke to post. Hmm... wonder what the reaction would have been then.

I am not the cheerleader type, but I believe I have commented about your fabulous menus. Good job. And I have *loads* to say about the MC contests. You just let me know when you want me to post, 'k?
  11. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I have always been supportive of your idea. Never have I said otherwise.
  12. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Gimme back my rubber chicken!!

I've a friend who does hair and he spikes his hair. I've felt his spiked hair. No. It cannot be described as fluffy.

Painful, but not fluffy.

(puts more visene in his 'spiked' eye.)

About the smilies, if you use Muppet ones, will they be surrounded by that black box? Hope not, but it's a super idea! The Kermit looked real good!!

Laters,
    FOZ
    (PS.
    Luke's a fluffer!! heh heh!)
  13. radionate New Member

I so wanna make a joke.....

I so wanna make a joke....

14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanx, Kev. I really don't like that Kermit much. I'd probably make them look simple like the smiles are now. Then, of course, there's the controversy of what characters to include. LOL! I'd definitely have a Fozzie Bear somewhere. :)
  15. Super Scooter New Member

Oh! So that's what the Kermit picture was for! That is a good idea. You could have Sam as the angry face!

Hehehehehehehehe!

Fluffer!

Heheheheheehehehehe!

Sorry, Foz. Already gave it to Jamie. You want some of my fluffer-nutter sandwhich? They'we weawwy sticky!:D
  16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

SuperScoot...NO! I want my rubber chicken!!

NATE!! JUST MAKE THE JOKE!! At least email it to me! LOL!!

Jamie, check out the message boards at www.ghostbusters.net where they used Slimer, Mr. Stay-Puft, and No-Ghost Logo for their emoticons!

http://www.ghostbusters.net/disscussion/ghm/1/95394/1860/

Why not Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy? Those are the ones that most people associate with Muppets anyway. OR! What if we did an email thing where we list the characters' names next to the smilies' description, the emails are printed, folded, bucketed, picked, and the one picked is the one used. Saves on the controversy that way, and if no prize is offered and it's all volunteer, nobody can get picked on for 'choosing favorites.'

And they say I BEARly think...HA! :D
  17. Super Scooter New Member

There we go, Foz! Miss Piggy as the angry face!:D HA!

You can't have the rubber chicken back! It's Jamie's now! Go away!:D

Ah, I'll buy you a real chicken.

*releases chicken; immediately rushes over to Kev and begins pecking away*

Down boy! Down!
  18. radionate New Member

Re: SuperScoot...NO! I want my rubber chicken!!

I don't know if I should. Maybe what I think of when I think "Fluffer" is different then what other people think of when they think of "Fluffer".

I can't make jokes about my Fluffer on the board, or at least I shouldn't. ;)
  19. Super Scooter New Member

...Let bells ring out the news! We'll celebrate with joy and mirth, and a party I su-poose!
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator

No, get my rubber chicken back from Frogboy; take back your live chicken. Live chickens have too much work to keep them going. I do not want a live chicken. I want one I can bounce on the floor. Well, you can bounce a live one too if you throw it hard enough.

I just want my rubber chicken back!! :(

Nate, just EMAIL me the joke, man!! I won't post it, but I might forward it to Luke! :)

I think I'll start an emoticon thread.

FOZ