1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Viewers want Muppet Show back on TV

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MuppetDanny, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Don't you know it! That would be so amazing! I can't even imagine... I'm trying to think of who would show the Fraggles at this point? Cartoon Network? :confused:

2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Unfortunately I think you will see reruns after the movies come out.

3. Davina

Davina Member

maybe Noggin?

4. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Funny thing is, In Australia Cartoon network does show FR. I was in a hotel watching cartoon network about 5 months ago and FR was on every day at 5pm. Alledgly our digital sister channel of our main broadcaster (ABC) ABC2 owns the rights to FR, but hasn't shown it since like, it was launched. So like 3 years.. But if the movie gives it hype, then Fraggles will be on the tube worldwide before too long!:coy::excited:

5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh wow! That is so awesome! I only wish that were true here!

6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Me too. I wished they would start rerunning both series. Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. Just like everyone is saying here maybe if the movie gets some hype then we'll get our Fraggles and Muppets on TV sooner or later.

7. As glad as I am to see this, the only reason it won in the UK is because Doctor Who has already been revived. Still, it wouldn't be the first time a new Muppet series was made overseas, so we can hope...

8. Davina

Davina Member

hehhe i love the new doctor who as well... he's a hoot n a half...

9. Now you see, they should give the Muppets a Cameo in one of the children in need specials. everybody wins. :D

10. Davina

Davina Member

ooh.. that'd be totally cool
    am anxiously awaiting the semi seasonal return.. (sci fi channel has such weird season arrangements..)

11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Whatever happened to that French Muppet Show

12. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

I for one would love to see new Muppet Shows, but would settle for repeats.

13. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Found another article about TV comeback survey.....

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Wow, you broke your own thread after 4 years!!:D
    Sad that nothing has happened and that it has come
    down a few places, but good that it is still holding top 5.

15. Pianogirl

Pianogirl Member

I would love to see "The Muppet Show" revived but only if it was well done, and not tailored to fit todays society, just as they've done with some other revivals. I want the muppets singing, dancing, and running gags, not the muppets dating (Kermit and Piggy excluded)and compaining about their friends. I would be better if they simply showed reruns if tehy weren't going to have people who really care about the muppets behind the cameras and curtains.

ZeppoAndFriends likes this.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why is The Office on that list when it JUST ended?

17. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Because it's a British survey and their version (the original) of The Office stopped production in 2003.