Waiting for Season 40

SSLFan

Reaction score
Isn't It Amazing?

...When you think of everything that has happened on the street after all these years? So many events like Maria and Luis's wedding, and of course Mr. Hooper's passing. And off the street like that fateful Christmas season in 1996. :big_grin: It's just one heck of a blessing to see this show stand so strong after all these years, despite the MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY changes that had to be made to it.

And it's weird to note, but does anyone realize that Jim Henson only participated in HALF of Sesame Street's run? That's pretty impressive considering we've still been enjoying the same sketches 20 years later.

I just want to say, I LOVE SESAME STREET! xD
Especially you Big Bird!:wisdom: Heh-heh

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And it's weird to note, but does anyone realize that Jim Henson only participated in HALF of Sesame Street's run?
Indeed. It's not the quantity, but the quality that matters. :smile: :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
...When you think of everything that has happened on the street after all these years? So many events like Maria and Luis's wedding, and of course Mr. Hooper's passing. And off the street like that fateful Christmas season in 1996. :big_grin: It's just one heck of a blessing to see this show stand so strong after all these years, despite the MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY changes that had to be made to it.

And it's weird to note, but does anyone realize that Jim Henson only participated in HALF of Sesame Street's run? That's pretty impressive considering we've still been enjoying the same sketches 20 years later.

I just want to say, I LOVE SESAME STREET! xD
Especially you Big Bird!:wisdom: Heh-heh

Can't see why that's so amazing since SS is more than just Henson and The Muppets.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But many sources agree that without Henson and the Muppets the show would not have gotten very far. And even though I don't agree with all of the changes made today, it's worth noting the popular parts of the show remain the Muppet characters.

Even though the show continued with Jim Henson, it wouldn't have existed in the first place without him nor continued without his influence in some way.

SSLFan

Reaction score
But many sources agree that without Henson and the Muppets the show would not have gotten very far. And even though I don't agree with all of the changes made today, it's worth noting the popular parts of the show remain the Muppet characters.

Even though the show continued with Jim Henson, it wouldn't have existed in the first place without him nor continued without his influence in some way.
Thank you so much for that reply heralde.

Can't see why that's so amazing since SS is more than just Henson and The Muppets.
Seriously, why isn't this guy banned from here? All he does is harass people.:smirk::grouchy:

mikebennidict

Reaction score

Seriously, why isn't this guy banned from here? All he does is harass people.:smirk::grouchy:
Well if you would of expalined yourself better then maybe I would of understood.

Also I should add, I don't think I was all that critical this time.

We also need to honor Joan Cooney and her staff who were really the ones that got SS off the ground though I'm not undermining Henson's contributations to the long running series.

Drtooth

Reaction score

I have to agree since he made an excellent point... you mean, for a change?

Jim Henson is always falsely credited as creating Sesame Street, when it really was Joan Cooney that came up with the general notion. I think without the Muppets Sesame Street would have been successful... just not as. Certainly not a 40 year legacy. The Electric Company was successful and only ran for several years... ditto 3 2 1 Contact and Square one. It was the creative drive between everyone involved, even just in it's inception that made the show what it was. The Muppet Characters of Jim Henson... the song writing of people like Joe Raposo... the animations of various studios and independent animators (something I think is sadly missing from the show now)...

But deep down, I think that the show owes most of it's popularity and lovability to Jim's characters... it took a potentially successful educational/experimental show and turned it into an explosively popular pop culture phenom. And I also really think that it's the symbiotic relationship of everyone who was ever involved that made the show what it was... not just Jim... not just Joan... but Jeff Moss, Chris Cerf, Mo Willems, Sally Cruikshank, Bud Lucky.... everyone. This is the time to celebrate everyone and everything... except who's ever idea "Get up it's Time to Play" was.... boy was that a terrible idea...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I agree. I even have him on the ignore list and I still see him arguing with people. If I were the moderator, he would have been out long ago. No offense to the Count or the other mods, but I can't help but wonder about that.