Wallace and Gromit

Klonoa

Reaction score
I used to have a T-shirt that said "Cracking toast, Gromit."

Anyone have any info on the movie? Chicken Run was great.

Anyone ever see "Creature Comforts?" The Chevron gas commercials? The one mattress commercials with the sheep? Those are all the Wallace and Gromit people.

--Klonoa

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I love wallace and Gromit, They are my favourite characters after the muppets. I admire their creators like the muppet performers.

I love this type of animation and have actually done a bit myself but it takes a while to do and I havent done any for a while because I don't have the right equipment and without the equipment the clay melts or is too hard to move, you can't win.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Anyone ever see "Creature Comforts?" The Chevron gas commercials? The one mattress commercials with the sheep? Those are all the Wallace and Gromit people.
They've got a website -
Aardman Animation.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I didn't realize they did the mattress commercials, but it doesn't surprise me. They definitely look like they'd fit right in with the Wallace and Gromit folks, especially with the sheep escapade.
Erin

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah Muppetsdownunder I've done a bit of clay animation myself and it is HARD! I took a just-for-fun class a few years ago where they taught us how to do clay animation. After that class I had an even bigger appreciation for Wallace and Gromit. The clay animation I did was really crude. Actually it was me and two other people in the class. We made up the 'plot' ourselves. In it, a boy was building a snowman, and then out of the ice in the ground came a yellow snake (I animated the snake). The snake came up, ate the carrot nose off the snowman, and then went back down into the ice. Then the snowman frowned because he didn't have a nose anymore. The end!

--Klonoa

Gloworm

Reaction score
Sounds good to me Klonoa!
All my animations seem to revolve around things getting eaten by giant worm type creatures, either that or being squashed by the rolling orange of doom.
They were truly awful though, we used to buy a pack of plastecine, get my Dad's video camera and try and make one. They were really static and we tried to add sound by speaking the words in little bits as we shot each frame. Needless to say it was rather dodgy.
Glo

Klonoa

Reaction score
SOUND?? No, this one didn't have sound. It was a silent film. A silent, choppy, 2 minute film...if even that long.

Snakes are easy to make. That's why I did the snake. And snowmen are easy to make too. And the snowman didn't have to move much. Just his mouth. The clay boy was sculped by the lady in the class. It was the best looking clay thing in the film, but the boy fell over as soon as my snake appeared so we just said the boy fainted.

The guy who did the snowman operated the camera because his snowman didn't have to move much. Wanna know how I got my snake to come out of the ground? First I made a snake, then I chopped it up into little pieces, then I built it back together again piece by piece for the camera so it looked like it was coming out of the ground.

--Klonoa

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I'd love to get really into animating but I've kind of put it on hold because I need a place like a small workshop where I can control the light conditions and with a bit of space.
I also need an armature skeleton type thing to mould the clay over because I used plain clay before with no supports and they either just kept falling over or broke into pieces. Its very hard to do especially without the right stuff.

I've done a few animations though, only very short ones about 30 seconds long if that. I made a funny old man out of clay and made him walk and wave and stiuff, not much of a storyline.