1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Walt Disney World takes down Muppet Vision 3D Balloon and sells limited edition vinyl pins

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by dwayne1115, Jun 11, 2018.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You know as well as I do that that ain't never going to happen. They could at the very least put someone in charge that would be passionate about the Muppets and their history, and also be able to play the Hollywood politics.

This is a bit off topic, but I bet you that with this concert they will only break even as far as money is concerned.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

How so?

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

They said they were going to make The Chipmunks bigger in the 90s and 2000s than they were in the 80s, with talks of all kinds of projects like shows, specials, movies, albums, merchandise, theme park attractions, what have you . . . and all they did was release two direct-to-video movies (those Frankenstein and Wolfman movies) and that's it.

4. dwayne1115

Well that's the problem with reboots sometimes, making something that was relevant and popular a decade ago and making relevant and popular today..
    Disney has done a considerable good job with this in making there animated classics into live action, and staying true to the characters and story, but showing it in a new light.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, the thing of it is, The Chipmunks weren't being rebooted, they were at the height of their popularity when they were sold to Universal on the condition of all those promises they were dangling . . . but unfortunately, Universal caused them to fall into obscurity during that time, so the original company sued to regain the rights to the franchise, hence why we started seeing them again for the past ten years.

6. dwayne1115

Henson won't do anything like that.....

7. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

While Disney doesn't really know what to do with the Muppets, I think they are better off with Disney owning them rather than JHC. I mean, look what JHC did with the Muppets during the tail end of their ownership of the Muppets - absolutely nothing. At least Disney is trying to do something with them - the live show in London next month, the possibility of a new show, etc. And I think no other company could do any better than what Disney's doing right now.

GOOD GOD I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE DUKE AAH!!!! :p

8. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

This is hard on Muppet fans.

I was so looking forward to seeing the iconic balloon at DisneyWorld that I'm flying around the world to see. And I didn't even know it was taken down. So Star Wars fans felt it was more realistic.

And 2. Disney has destroyed a huge part of muppet history. It is slightly worrying me about further stuff like this happening

ConsummateVs likes this.
  9. dwayne1115

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I don't think they will even break even money wise with this London concert.

10. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I looked the other week and the matinee performance (which I'm going to btw) has loads of tickets left

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Ooh, that's not good. :(

12. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

They are trying to renovate Disney Hollywood and Muppet Vision maybe a partial casualty to these new plans. :cry:

13. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Disney does this to their attractions all the time. I think the concept of having a part of MuppetVision in a pin is really cool. It’s also not the end of MV, it’s not closing anytime soon, and all that’s gone is the balloon (as much as it sucks).

ConsummateVs likes this.
  14. LittleJerry92

Just wait. Everything else will be gone one day.

15. dwayne1115

So here is a video of Pizza Rizzo's. with the exception of a few pictures on the wall and the name it's really not a very heavily Muppet Teemed place. There is a lot of potential both there and at Muppet Vision, and it could easily be tied into Star Wars as well.

16. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

In a recent Muppet Babies episode Kermit and Fozzie open a pizza parlor, and Rizzo is a known critical guest; I wonder if this was kind of subliminal advertising for WDW...

You didn't post a video, but I've seen PizzeRizzo, and yes, it's very dull and boring; frankly (even as a Muppet fan), I'm very upset they removed something as cool as Pizza Planet (something that existed in the Toy Story universe) for a generic Muppet restaurant... to go off on a tangent, I believe when Jim was alive they had plans for a similar restaurant where animatronic rats would deliver your pizza on a track (a la TMTM), but somehow we're just left with a generic restaurant some 20-years later?

17. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Well-Known Member

Give it 3-5 more years and all that Muppet stuff will be gone completely.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  18. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

OH!!!!1 EMM111!!! GEE!!!1!1!!1!! STAHB BEIGN WRANG!!!!11 DINSEY DOSE KARE ABOYT DA MUPPTES U PESSSIMMIMESESTFTSHHUWHAU7q6jsbs8wn7wbako7!!!!!1!1#!1!1!1! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::grouchy::attitude::attitude::attitude::attitude::attitude::attitude:

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  19. LittleJerry92

Yeah, pretty much!

20. dwayne1115

Sorry about not posting the video....

Jim had a lot of wonderful ideas for Disney World and the Muppets, From what I have read he loved the the park and spent time there often.