1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Walter Puppet Hair

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Walter, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter Active Member

Does anybody here know where I can find the brown Fur/Hair used for Walter? For reference, look here
    <------- Thanks for any help :)
  2. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

3. Walter

Walter Active Member

Thanks! that's perfect! Do you think Shag Fur or Punky Muppet would work best??
  4. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

I believe Mendels provides free samples- I recommend ordering the sample(s) and see which one best suits him :)
  5. Walter

Walter Active Member

6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

thats cool your making a walter puppet
    Walter likes this.
  7. Walter

Walter Active Member

Yup, I'm still working out the details, but I'm trying to have him ready when THE MUPPETS is released :)
  8. muppetlover123

you should post a pic of him as he is now
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Lol, I can't because he is literally in the planning stages... I promise though once he comes into existence I will post pics:)
  10. muppetlover123

o ok lol sorry
  11. Walter

Walter Active Member

The Swatch arrived today! Thank you very much for the referal TheCreatureWork!

(and if anybody is curious, Walter's hair is Chocolate Punky Muppet)
  12. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

You better hurry with Walter. There are only about 10 more days 'til the movie!
  13. Walter

Walter Active Member

I know! and I am in Puppet Panic mode trying to get everything done.. With all the Disney Muppet merchandise recently released and with other personal things going on, I have had trouble raising money for supplies... But don't worry! I have been studying the Henson stitch and I am going to have my own Walter "Build-a-thon!" I am trying to get him finished by the Wednesday before thanksgiving.. Just in time to take him to the premier of THE MUPPETS. -whew- I better get back to work! Thanks for all the support guys!.. Oh, and this is also my first time dealing with actual foam! Wish me luck!
  14. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

6 DAYS 'TIL THE MOVIE!!!!!!!:eek:
  15. Walter

Walter Active Member

Heads pretty much finished... idk bout the body..
  16. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

Cool. Can we see any pics?
  17. Walter

Walter Active Member

sure, but first i need to make some minor tweaks with the eyes.. getting the focus right is VERY tricky.. I didn't buy puppet eyes.. I had to make them.. right now Walter is designed sortof like a whatnot.. I could not find the exact fleece, so I had to use imitation fleece..AKA felt.. the color is pretty dead on though.. unfortunately that also means that walter is glued together, as opposed to sewn together... The good news is, he is (what I believe to be) actual size. one interesting difference between puppet walter and poser walter is that poser walter has a whatnot shaped head, while puppet walter has an extra "flap" of fabric over his neck. the hair looks very good though, the only problem I can really point out is that his mouth is made using a hard black platform.. so its not the redish brown you see in the movie puppet. The next step is to build a body to surround the puppet sleeve. He will be wearing the brown whatnot jacket and tie.
  18. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
  19. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see how he looks!!!!!!!!
  20. Walter

Walter Active Member

Well, the picture definately doesn't do him justice, as it makes his skin look much oranger.. but here is a side shot of him so far:
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, he is not exactly like the film puppet.. his eyes are a little bigger and more spread apart, but he does look pretty good when in use:)