Wanted: Avenue Q on DVD

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Is CATS the only musical they have given this treatment to? If not, what others?
No, there's been a couple of musicals (i.e. Broadway musicals) released on video. "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (based somewhat on Genesis 37-50 in The Bible. Pretty sure some liberties taken with Scripture here and there:wink:

Also, there's "Godspell" and "Jesus Christ Superstar" (again, definitely liberties taken with The Bible- but still enjoyable to see)

And of course, there's the 1966 musical "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman"- which was aired in a TV adaptation once in 1975- and taped copies of this special now float around Ebay and the comic book conventions and such...

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Yeah, but sometimes it's the only way you can see some things. I wish they would record performances and then sell them after the show closed or something for preservation's sake.
They do record every show. These are all available to be seen at the Library for the Performing Arts at Lincoln Center. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
There have been a number of Broadway theatrical shows released on DVD/VHS. Here are the ones I'm aware of:

Into the Woods (original cast with Bernadette Peters & Joanna Gleason)
Kiss Me, Kate (2000 Revival cast)
Oklahoma! (Revival cast starring Hugh Jackman)
Follies: In Concert
Sweeney Todd in Concert
Company
The Producers (well...actually a documentary on the making of the cast recording)
Putting It Together
Cats
Crazy For You (It was aired on PBS, not sure if it was officially put on video)
Nunsense
Nunsense 2
Sister Amnesia's Country Western Nunsense Jamboree
Nuncrackers

Mongoose

Reaction score
I do have a copy, but the only thing im looking for is the complete run of the Jim Henson Hour. I also have the entire Adam West Batman series on dvd to trade.

kbug67

Reaction score
I dont have the Avenue Q show on dvd but i do have the following avenue q videos on dvd from various tv / live apperances

Avenue Jew (US)
Avenue Q - London Variety Show (UK)
Avenue Q - Children In Need (UK)
Avenue Q - Time song Video (UK)
Avenue Q - Sweedish Q (Sweedish)
Avenue Q - Argentina Q (Argentina)
Avenue Q - Bryant Park U.S.A

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
This sort of thing reallly isn't on. I know not everyone can see Avenue Q. Shows aren't cheap and it's only running in three cities, but this is still illegal. Cameras aren't let into theatres for a reason.

Perhaps a sensible moderator could do something about it.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
What are you on about? the above posts are about DVDs of stuff that has been on TV kindly being offered by someone. Nothing illegal about that. You can find most stuff on youtube anyway. Definitely not an alternative of seeing the show to see a few clips of charity performances.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I know, nothing wrong with that, but advertising for dvds of the whole show is a bit off.