Wanted: Muppets Take Manhattan tracks

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Hey...I have been trying to find the songs from Muppets Take Manhattan, and every file I get off of WinMX and what-have-you comes from a bad-sounding LP rip with fake-sounding noise reduction. Can anyone send me the "restorations" Philip Chapman did for Muppet Central Radio?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff,

I haven't given the MC Radio versions of those songs out. But there are some good quality tracks of the soundtrack out there. Keep on looking.

Maybe someone here has good versions they can send you too. If there are particular tracks from MTM you are looking for, post the list here and I'm sure someone can help you get them.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I want ALL the songs, save Together Again and Saying Goodbye.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Jeff, have you gotten "Somebody's Getting Married" from WIN MX? I heard it from there, and it sounded pretty good. :smile:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Yes...but it lacks the Manhattan Melodies opening fanfare (which directly blends into "Somebody's Getting Married") and is missing the ceremony, too...and it's all tacked together into one long part...I like it as individual tracks...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Yes...but it lacks the beginning of Manhattan Melodies (which directly blends) and is missing the ceremony, too...
Oh, okay...yeah, sorry, I haven't found the entire "Manhattan Melodies" there yet...

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Maybe they cut the opening fanfare...just like "The Rainbow Connection" on the TMM soundtrack. (God, I love the Rainbow Connection opening fanfare from the film...but all albums cut it...)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Maybe they cut the opening fanfare...just like "The Rainbow Connection" on the TMM soundtrack. (God, I love the Rainbow Connection opening fanfare from the film...but all albums cut it...)
Hey yeah you're right, I never thought about that. I love that music too. :smile: I can see why they wouldn't have that as part of the RC, though. I mean, I wish it were on a soundtrack somewhere...I assume it's probably some sorta "overture" or somethin', and that's why they don't have it with RC---but yeah, they should have it somewhere! :mad: