1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wanted: Unedited Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by EricRG, Nov 29, 2002.

1. EricRG

EricRG New Member

Hello all.

I am in need of an un-edited Jugband Christams. I am basically grovelling, since I have naught to trade. But I would pay any costs involved with this, and would try to help others out with it in the future.

Peace.
  2. EricRG

EricRG New Member

Thanks

Thanks to a very kind soul from these forums, I will soon have one of these.

THANK YOU!
  3. EricRG

EricRG New Member

Actually, it appears that this has fallen through.:(

SO, I still need an unedited version.
  4. EmmetOtter

EmmetOtter New Member

Looking for UNEDITED Emmet Otter

Anyone know where I can find the 1908 version with Kermit's commentary?
    Thanks.
  5. anathema

anathema Active Member

Look on eBay - the release you want is the one in the big white clamshell box. There's usually someone selling a copy up there.
  6. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was a 1908 verion!!! :)
  7. So the 1983 version is 100% uncut?
  8. anathema

anathema Active Member

Not exactly. It's the original as-broadcast edit of the show, but it does not include any of the material that was added for the 90s video release.
  9. So it includes these scenes?

MA: Oh! Well, maybe I can knock a little off the price...
    GRETCHEN: You shall. Remind me of that when I pay you, next week. Ta.
    MA: We-well, I've got the bill right here, and I'd really appreciate it if...you'd...fall off the dock.
    EMMET: (laughs) Way to go, Ma.
    MA: Yeah, well, sometimes you gotta talk tough to these uppity types.
    WILL POSSUM: Heh heh! That's telling her, Alice.
    MA: Oh, Will Possum! I didn't even see you there.

EMMIT: At least there ain't no hole in the washtub.
    MA: Oooh, 'Ain't Got No Hole in the Washtub'! That's what you call your basic keepin' warm while you're rowin' kind of song.

Two huge rabbits (nearly the size of the stage) jump up and down.

Will Possum's comment to Mayor Fox.

Kermit's appearance as Dick Cravett in the Riverside Rest, watching Emmet's band perform.
  10. anathema

anathema Active Member

Yes.

Yes.

No, these were addded later.

Yes.

Drop me a line if you'd like to discuss getting a copy... ;-)
  11. If Half.com dosn't have it, I'll drop you a line.
  12. RBGB

RBGB New Member

Unedited Emmet Otter

Im Looking To Purchase The "unedited " Version Of Emmet Otter Jugband Christmas . I Have The Dvd But I Want The One With The Missing Scenes . Its My Favorite Movie Of All Time And I Wanna Show My Kids. I Have Nothing To Trade But I Will Pay For The Tape And For Your Time. If No One Has It Please Some One Email Me And Tell Me Where I Can Get It... Please Someone Help Ive Been Looking For 4 Years Thanks :(
  13. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

I have this, but what are the missing scenes? Its in PAL format. :)
  14. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Actually, there is no "one" commercially available unedited version. The DVD has a couple extra scenes not available anywhere else. Whereas the earlier video releases have scenes not on the DVD. Here is some more info on the cuts that you may find helpful...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/collectibles.shtml#10
  15. Raech

Raech Member

Wanted Original TV Version of Emmet Otter

Wanted original tv version Emmit Otters JBC.

I watched it on cable as a child and don't want the DVD they edited.

I do not own a vcr. I am looking for a DVD May consider a high quality SVCD.

Thank you for your consideration and please email me if you have access to EOJBC unedited.
  16. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

I think I may have that special unedited. But you'll have to tell me which scenes were cut out of the re-release, so I can double check. Also, I only have it on PAL VHS, but I may be able to convert it to DVD. I will ONLY trade for : *NEW Boober, and Wembley Sababa Fraggle Dolls, plus either *The whole set of Sababa Doozer PVC's or *The whole set of Sababa Doozer Plushes. Or alternativly you can purchase it off me for $70USD. :)

Let Me Know What You Decide. :)
  17. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Sorry to barge in here but I'm interested in this too but I dont mean to be rude but $70US seems a bit steep, if the copyright owners found you were making that kind of money they'd eat you for breakfast! Thats why tape trading is usually just trading or payment to cover a blank tape and postage and maybe a little bit of small change for the trouble. Sorry to butt in its just I didnt want to see anyone get eaten! I was thinking it could be typing error, or maybe the tape is wrapped in gold leaf!
  18. hal

hal New Member

19. Raech

Raech Member

No this is illegal and I am not paying $70 USD even if it was from Disney. Which it isn't.

Thank you.
  20. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Smart girl. Australian DVDs wouldn't play in the US anyway.