Wanted: Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

2tal

Reaction score
Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

Hi,
I am very interested in finding an un-edited Muppet Family Christmas on VHS.
It would be great for the holidays!
Thanks!

2tal

Reaction score
Seeking an un-edited Muppet Family Christmas

Hi,
I am very interested in finding an un-edited Muppet Family Christmas on VHS.
It would be great for the holidays!
Thanks!

Reaction score
My Search for Unedited Muppet Family Christmas continues.....PLEASE help

Hello again to all~I am still on the search for the correct FULL version of Muppet Family Christmas and am begging for your help. It seems the United Kingdon version is the closest to be full, but the system plays different than that of our VCR's (there's plays in what is called P A L). If anyone has the correct version from the ABC airing or the Nickelodeon version I would be interested. I have already mailed a letter to Brian Henson at the company begging them to re-release the correct version so maybe if all of us that would like the movie would write we could possibly convince them that it would be worth it seal the rights to reproduce it on video???? Couldn't hurt~

anathema

Reaction score
As I said somewhere in the previous thread, drop me a line - I can get a conversion of the UK release done for you.

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I have not yet purchased one of the UK versions since I did not know how much it would cost to convert it--do you know approx. how much it runs and where it can be done at? Thanks bunches!:big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
Well, if you get it done commercially it probably won't be cheap, plus any respectable facilities house is likely to refuse to handle something for which you don't own the copyright.

However, I (or rather, my brother) have the kit to do a conversion, so it's effectively free :smile: Drop me an email, and we can set this up!

tirexl

Reaction score
Also seeking an unedited copy of Muppet Family Christmas

HI all,

I am new here and was actually drawn here by accident. It was only through an area of this site that I realized that the version of A Muppet Family Christmas on my Christmas list is not the fully version and that I would be very disappointed to get it and find this out then. So, I too am searching for an unedited version of this special.

I am lucky though, in that I live in Canada and, most years, YTV broadcasts it in its entirety. To me, this seems easier than purchasing a PAL version and converting it (especially if the Media center that I know can do it won't due to copyrights).

Do you all think that this is the most sensible solution? Those of you who were looking and have chosen to by a PAL version and convert, how much trouble was it?

Thanks for any help you can offer:smile:

Tirexl

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
It is true that YTV plays it every year - nearly unedited. There is one scene missing, which I'm getting in the near future, so I don't really know exactly what is missing! I actually think that the one scene that is missing from YTV is missing from the UK PAL release anyway. So, if you seek this in North America, a friendly canuck is good route to go. YTV's Christmas schedule will probably be out in a couple of weeks, and we'll be able to tell if it is on again this year.

In the meantime, you can check out most of the missing scenes at my website :

http://www.geocities.com/muppetchristmas/

Mark