1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wanted: Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by petrieboy, Oct 7, 2002.

1. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

Unsealed, but perfectly mint condition 1992 version video.
    Free shipping. I'll take the best offer.
    bronxcyclone@yahoo.com
  2. 2tal

2tal New Member

Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

Hi,
    I am very interested in finding an un-edited Muppet Family Christmas on VHS.
    It would be great for the holidays!
    Thanks!
  3. 2tal

2tal New Member

Seeking an un-edited Muppet Family Christmas

Hi,
    I am very interested in finding an un-edited Muppet Family Christmas on VHS.
    It would be great for the holidays!
    Thanks!
  4. greatoldies4you

greatoldies4you New Member

My Search for Unedited Muppet Family Christmas continues.....PLEASE help

Hello again to all~I am still on the search for the correct FULL version of Muppet Family Christmas and am begging for your help. It seems the United Kingdon version is the closest to be full, but the system plays different than that of our VCR's (there's plays in what is called P A L). If anyone has the correct version from the ABC airing or the Nickelodeon version I would be interested. I have already mailed a letter to Brian Henson at the company begging them to re-release the correct version so maybe if all of us that would like the movie would write we could possibly convince them that it would be worth it seal the rights to reproduce it on video???? Couldn't hurt~
  5. anathema

anathema Active Member

As I said somewhere in the previous thread, drop me a line - I can get a conversion of the UK release done for you.
  6. anathema

anathema Active Member

Drop me a line...
  7. greatoldies4you

greatoldies4you New Member

Thank you so much! I have not yet purchased one of the UK versions since I did not know how much it would cost to convert it--do you know approx. how much it runs and where it can be done at? Thanks bunches!:D
  8. anathema

anathema Active Member

Well, if you get it done commercially it probably won't be cheap, plus any respectable facilities house is likely to refuse to handle something for which you don't own the copyright.

However, I (or rather, my brother) have the kit to do a conversion, so it's effectively free :) Drop me an email, and we can set this up!
  9. tirexl

tirexl New Member

Also seeking an unedited copy of Muppet Family Christmas

HI all,

I am new here and was actually drawn here by accident. It was only through an area of this site that I realized that the version of A Muppet Family Christmas on my Christmas list is not the fully version and that I would be very disappointed to get it and find this out then. So, I too am searching for an unedited version of this special.

I am lucky though, in that I live in Canada and, most years, YTV broadcasts it in its entirety. To me, this seems easier than purchasing a PAL version and converting it (especially if the Media center that I know can do it won't due to copyrights).

Do you all think that this is the most sensible solution? Those of you who were looking and have chosen to by a PAL version and convert, how much trouble was it?

Thanks for any help you can offer:)

Tirexl
  10. MahnaMahna

MahnaMahna New Member

It is true that YTV plays it every year - nearly unedited. There is one scene missing, which I'm getting in the near future, so I don't really know exactly what is missing! I actually think that the one scene that is missing from YTV is missing from the UK PAL release anyway. So, if you seek this in North America, a friendly canuck is good route to go. YTV's Christmas schedule will probably be out in a couple of weeks, and we'll be able to tell if it is on again this year.

In the meantime, you can check out most of the missing scenes at my website :

http://www.geocities.com/muppetchristmas/

Mark
  11. count123

count123 New Member

let me know if you got it yet, i can dub one
  12. 2tal

2tal New Member

Thanks! Already worked this out.
  13. count123

count123 New Member

hey, i bought the DVd of muppet family christmas in Canada. im from southern ontario. im not sure what kind of video stores are around you, but try ordering it. also ebay has a ton of them. i'd liked to promise a copy to you, but icould only do it at my university, and im in exams right now, but ill look in to it and let you know. Do you have anything to trade by anychance?
  14. Chrissii

Chrissii New Member

muppet family christmas uncut dvd?

Hi there, I'm new around here... I was really hoping that when I bought the new MFC dvd it would feature the scenes cut from the vhs release, but was extremely dissapointed to find out that they weren't. :( i know that the PAL has them, the vhs version ... has there been a dvd release with the scenes as well? if anyone has/knows where i can buy a copy, it'd be awesome... i have the original uncut version taped from when it first aired, but as you can probably guess, its extremely worn out. i'd appreciate any info you could give me...
    and, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum section, i was debating between this one and the Wanted one. thanks :)
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

16. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Re: muppet family christmas uncut dvd?

Region 2 is still waiting for their DVD release, but it's assumed that their version would, like the PAL VHS release, retain the omitted stuff.

The only scene that the PAL version left out was this tiny clip (which will soon be available as part of Mark Pethick's fantastic Christmas site).
  17. Chrissii

Chrissii New Member

Hmm yeah I already knew which scenes were cut, I have the original aired version on an old tape i recorded back when it came out on tv... I thought I'd read somewhere that they had released a DVD in europe or canada or something that included the omitted scenes (with the exception of the hanging up the stockings one) ... thanx for your help, tho :)
  18. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I liked the special too!!! People at www.amazon.com complained about the edited version, I would love the uneditied version, too!!!!;)
  19. The Big Don

The Big Don New Member

I need the unedited version also. Email me at CWDaBigDon@aol.com if someone can work out a deal with me.
  20. jediX

jediX Active Member

I have one...check my thread in the 'wanted' forum to see what else i have. I would certainly be willing to make a trade if you have something I am interested in...