Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Drtooth

Reaction score
In January there'll be a release called "Iron Monster and Other Super Stories", featuring three superhero-themed stories (Iron Monster, Super-Grover's sidekick Super-Chicken, and The Furry Four).

I hope that it also includes some Super-Grover segments (whether Super Grover 2.0 or original Super Grover), and maybe a Super Morphin' Mega Monsters segment (this is a longshot but I hope it also has a Teeny Little Super Guy segment... And considering Warner Bros. is so supportive of it's DC Comics franchises it would be fitting to include a Batman segment from the show).
I rarely care for the recent releases of more recent episodes... and this is actually going to be released a LITTLE more recent than first reported. Apparently, according to Target (unless they have it as an exclusive first) this will be released in a couple weeks, the fifth of next month. Not too far from when these things air. Unless this actually comes out by the time these all air.

I'd LOVE to see a Mega Monsters segment... the Power Rangers never really left (no matter how Disney tried to get rid of them, Saban is planning to bring them to Nickelodeon), so it's still going to be relevant, oddly enough.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I rarely care for the recent releases of more recent episodes... and this is actually going to be released a LITTLE more recent than first reported. Apparently, according to Target (unless they have it as an exclusive first) this will be released in a couple weeks, the fifth of next month. Not too far from when these things air. Unless this actually comes out by the time these all air.
Well I've seen it in stores today. I didn't pick purchase a copy, but according to the packaging, it includes four street stories (the oither being "Slimey the Hero"... I don't remember knowing about this story. Makes me wonder if it's the "Super Worm" story from the early 1990s, though it probably isn't).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Slimey the Hero" would be the episode from season 37 where Slimey tries to be like Trash Gordon.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
OMG! Kermit on a Sesame Street cover DVD! That must have cost a lot of money to put a new Reporter Kermit picture of a SS Cover Dvd.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Are you sure it's gonna be a re-release? It looks like another street-scene compilation. By the look of the cover, it looks like it'll have Zoe's Rapunzel story and the Sleeping Grouch story. But 4 Newsflashes is an excellent addition!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looks like "Big Bird's Storytime" is getting a DVD release in 2011 with a new title "Silly storytime". Guess who's on the cover? :COVER ART :smile: ! - this must be what Sesame Workshop Associate Design Director of Special Projects Louis Mitchell talked about on "The Muppet Cast".
Considering Elmo and Zoe are on the cover I doubt it's a retitled rerelease of Big Bird's Storytime. But also judging from the cover, it looks like the "Jack and the Beanstalk" segment will be included.

I am very satysfied (for now)!

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I think the classic Rapunzel News Flash will be included also.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I had a dream that somebody told me what segments would be included. I was told it'd include "Jack and the Beanstalk", "William Churchill" (the only one that doesn't exist that was mentioned in my dream), "Pinnocchio", and "The New Three Little Pigs Story". In two and a half months we'll see if I'm psychic or not!

Muppet Wiki now has more details on the "Silly Storytime" DVD. The only thing not mentioned is what SPECIFFIC news segments will be included. But the Sesame Street News segments are included as a bonus feature. Given that it's weird how Kermit is featured on the cover and spine like that. I know that "Elmo's Rainbow" and "P is for Princess" have images on their covers of things in the bonus features, but those are in small circles at the bottom of the cover next to something mentioning the bonus features. Here, Kermit is seen behind Elmo, not in a circle (and it's actually a full-body image of Kermit... Not often we see Kermit's full body in his reporter outfit). It also appears to be a new photo as opposed to an old photo added in.

I sort of have mixed feelings about not yet knowing which News segments will be on there. On the one hand, I can still speculate/make a wishlist, but on the other hand, if I knew now I'd know really early! I just hope most/all of them are segments that haven't been released commercialy yet (most of the Sesame Street DVDs released this year featured stuff that are in "40 Years of Sunny Days"; considering that I wouldn't be surprised if "Sleeping Beauty" were included, though I'd rather it include the other "Sleeping Beauty" sketch).

Another bonus feature will be an animated story with Grover.

Drtooth

Reaction score
More than ONE classic sketch as a bonus feature? THANK YOU UNCLE SCROOGE!
Kidding.... kidding. Naw, THIS is what I've been looking for. Listing one sketch as a bonus is almost an insult. But this, I'd buy for the special features alone, even if they are already on DVD. I hope we get some rarer 1980's ones on this set. All the MNF skits we've seen were all from the 70's.

oh we have INFO on this one. It's basically a bunch of street stories, though.