1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Was Jerry Nelson a PBS P-Pal?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Mo Frackle, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like him.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Yeah I pretty sure that it's Jerry doing the voice also he was in Sheep & Larryboy.

3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It could possibly be him.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

There was another P Pal bumper with Paganini, a concert violinist, who always sang, "For your information purely you will like this program surely," and it too sounded an awful lot like Jerry. I can't seem to find a clip of it on YouTube, but I have it on a few old tapes.

5. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Pete does sound very similar to Jerry, but I'm not quite positive that it's him. I feel like if Jerry did voice Pete in all those PBS bumpers, it would've been mentioned in several news sources around when he died, but I can't seem to find anywhere online who voiced Pete.

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

There is almost no doubt in my mind that that is Jerry.

7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like Jerry to me...because it sounds like one of his recurring SS characters from the 1990s, H. Ross Parrot.

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It sounds like Phil Harmonic from Pretty Great Performances on Sesame Street.

gavry3 likes this.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I'd say those bumpers are a bit obscure (I kind of feel like I saw them on TV, but forgot about them until seeing these clips), so it's forgivable that they wouldn't have talked about those in his obituaries. The obituaries didn't talk about every little obscure character he did, I don't think all of his recurring obscure characters were brought up, and did the obituaries mention on-camera roles such as the butler from MTI, father in park in GMC, an upright in Song of the Cloud Forest, or Fred from Lighthouse Island?

10. D'Snowth

I agree about the P-Pals being obscure . . . come to think of it, they were kind like a part of PBS's Dork Age.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

I know this is Spanish, and definitely not Jerry, but I can't help but hear similarities to Jerry in the soloist's voice from 1:53 to 2:35

scooterfan360 likes this.
  12. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

:laugh: cow and chicken the school play, the ugly wiener.

13. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Active Member

Jerry Nelson also on Sniz and Fondue (Supporting segment on KaBlam!)

14. D'Snowth

You sure about that? Because I recall SNIZ & FONDUE vividly, and I don't remember ever hearing Jerry's voice in any of their segments.