Was there a Mrs. Hooper?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know that during the early 1970s when Fisher-Price made those Sesame Street Little People playsets, they came out with a Little Person of Mr. Hooper, BUT they also came out with a Little Person commonly referred to as MRS. Hooper... so this got me to wondering, was there ever a Mrs. Hooper on the show?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please provide more info on that Snowths? Don't think there was a Mrs. Hooper in the US version of the show, but if you search through the International Human characters at Muppet Wiki, I think there's a sort of close assimilation of a character that could be thought of as a Mrs. Hooper in some of the European versions though their names might not be such.
Hope this helps somewhat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Could you please provide more info on that Snowths?
Like I said, in the 1970s, Fisher-Price made Sesame Street Little People playsets; they came out with Little People of the major characters (at that time) including Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Gordon, Susan, Mr. Hooper, Grover, Snuffy, The Count, Roosevelt Franklin, Prairie Dawn, Sherlock Hemlock, and one Little Person that was revealed as one "Mrs. Hooper", so I was simply asking if there was ever a Mrs. Hooper on the show.

Aleal

Reaction score
Just for the record, there was no "Mrs. Hooper" Little Person. For some reason, it seems Little People sellers on E-bay like to make up names or details for generic figures to sell them as Sesame Street colelctibles, which they aren't. I've seen a generic, vaguely Hispanic figure marketed as "Luis" (there was none), and sometimes mention of "Loretta from Sesame Street" (confused with Susan). The "Mrs. Hooper" is a male shopkeeper from the Little People Sesame Street set, and the name is a fabrication by sellers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aleal said:
Just for the record, there was no "Mrs. Hooper" Little Person. For some reason, it seems Little People sellers on E-bay like to make up names or details for generic figures to sell them as Sesame Street colelctibles, which they aren't. I've seen a generic, vaguely Hispanic figure marketed as "Luis" (there was none), and sometimes mention of "Loretta from Sesame Street" (confused with Susan). The "Mrs. Hooper" is a male shopkeeper from the Little People Sesame Street set, and the name is a fabrication by sellers.
I'll flatten their tires!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up A.Leal. Most informative.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've seen the Gordon one before at my church or grand parents house. I don't remember, maydy both. Either way. Just saying.:smirk:

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Reading this topic makes me want to ask something. Was Mr. Hooper married? Did they ever show his wife, or did he ever mention anything about his wife? I have heard that back in the 70's his brother came to visit Sesame Street a few times. I wonder if he had a wife that was seen at least once, or mentioned from time to time? Any SS viewers of the 70's or early 80's know the answer to this one?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I've seen the Gordon one before at my church or grand parents house. I don't remember, maydy both. Either way. Just saying.:smirk:
Which Gordon was that supposed to represent anyway? If it was in the 70s, it could have been either of the three actors. I'm guessing it's the current bald Gordon. I could definately picture a Little People Roscoe Orman. In fact, I used to have a caveman action figure that kind of resembled him. I'd have a hard time picturing a Matt Robinson Little People figure.

Reading this topic makes me want to ask something. Was Mr. Hooper married? Did they ever show his wife, or did he ever mention anything about his wife? I have heard that back in the 70's his brother came to visit Sesame Street a few times. I wonder if he had a wife that was seen at least once, or mentioned from time to time? Any SS viewers of the 70's or early 80's know the answer to this one?
I think if that were the case, she might have been seen or at least mentioned after Mr. Hooper died, rather than him just leaving the store to David. Just my thoughts on this.