Was there a Mrs. Hooper?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, it was bald, so I guess that's your answer, Daffyfan.:smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
Reading this topic makes me want to ask something. Was Mr. Hooper married? Did they ever show his wife, or did he ever mention anything about his wife? I have heard that back in the 70's his brother came to visit Sesame Street a few times. I wonder if he had a wife that was seen at least once, or mentioned from time to time? Any SS viewers of the 70's or early 80's know the answer to this one?

There was an episode in the early 80's were he got a phone call from a granddaughter. I can't remember if she lived near or very far away but he was very pleased because he hadn't heard from her in a while.

So he was probably a married man but they probably never really went into any stories on his personal life all that much.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You said he got a call from her. And that would indicate that she was sillt alive when she called him. She could not haev called him in she were not alive. She couldn't eat, of breath, or grow, just for the record, either.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Re-read what I posted. I said nothing about him having a grandmother calling him and I could do without your sarcasim!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oop's! You said his granddaughter!!! I read it wrong! :embarrassed:

Oh, and sorry about the sarcasm.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, he could have been widowed. If that's the case Mrs. Hooper would be up there beside him.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I think Mr. Hooper was one of the few people who worked on Sesame Street, but didn't actually live on Sesame Street. Which is probably why we heard very little about his personal life. The same could be said about Mr. Handford and Alan.

sesameguy

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
I think Mr. Hooper was one of the few people who worked on Sesame Street, but didn't actually live on Sesame Street. Which is probably why we heard very little about his personal life. The same could be said about Mr. Handford and Alan.
With the old Fisher-Price Sesame Street playsets, Mr. Hooper's apartment was just above his store. (At least I assume it was his, since it had a portrait of Big Bird on the wall that was signed something like, "To my good friend, Mr. Blooper.") :smile:

Of course, that doesn't mean that that is where his apartment was really meant to be on the show. The playset took a few liberties with the real set. For example, on the playset, Ernie and Bert's apartment was right above Susan and Gordon's. But on the show, E&B live in the basement underneath Susan & Gordon's place.

Here's a blog posting about the playset:

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com/2006/08/fisher-price-sesame-street.html