WB trying for Justice League movie again

DannyRWW

Reaction score
see the question is if different actors/continuity would work...especially when people have seen avengers...I think a Justice league movie is another ten years off...just my opinion...wish it weren't that way and truthfully I hope I'm wr0ng.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Personally, what I want to see, and what I think everyone would flock to, would be THIS movie:

Superman VS. Batman.

Drtooth

Reaction score
see the question is if different actors/continuity would work...especially when people have seen avengers...I think a Justice league movie is another ten years off...just my opinion...wish it weren't that way and truthfully I hope I'm wr0ng.
Absolutely. No one has even done what Avengers did, and I don't think they will for some time. On the one hand, they could start out fresh and the film could work... but that is quite a gamble. But so isn't using the same actors. We'd still need a Flash and Wonder Woman movie. Films they are considering, but I doubt they'll ever be able to get Wonder Woman off the ground. And that's even if they're using the same Green Lantern, Batman and Superman from the upcoming film. If not, we're going to have to see a Green Lantern and another Batman reboot, and that's going to take even longer to establish.

Needless to say, the original 2007 concept was the film was to be Mo-Cap. And quite honestly, I don't think the time was right for that until after the Batman trilogy ended. The Nolan movies are grounded in realism. How are we going to add aliens to the mix without it looking strange? I'm glad Avengers didn't tiptoe around that, take itself too realistically, and knew what made super hero comics fantastic.

But if they did release it as soon as possible, it would only look like they were doing it because the Avengers was a success, not because they had a hard time trying to get one out there in the first place.

Beau's got the right idea...

Superman VS. Batman.
THAT would work.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Personally, what I want to see, and what I think everyone would flock to, would be THIS movie:

Superman VS. Batman.
I think the movie would take, like ten minutes.
Superman can just punch Batman and he's dead.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think the movie would take, like ten minutes.
Superman can just punch Batman and he's dead.
Pfft...Batman would obviously just get some sort of kryptonite body armor. He's got smarts!

Think of it, Thor's Hammer can smash anything...but not Captain America's shield. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Can't Superman just fly around the earth and make avengers not happen and then steal the idea and make a justice league universe on film instead....and I don't want to see Supeman/Batman as that is a sign of the zombie appocalypse and WIll SMith being one of the few saurvivors....never good

DannyRWW

Reaction score
wow...mispelled survivors...must be thinking shawarma

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pfft...Batman would obviously just get some sort of kryptonite body armor. He's got smarts!
Batman keeps tabs of the rest of the Justice League, and knows all their weaknesses if any of them get out of line (i.e. being brainwashed by some evil force, terrestrial or extra-terrestrial). He has kryptonite with him just in case Superman ever goes wrong. That's the only reason the two would fight, if one of them is under some sinister control.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's so many rumors popping up, This article has a couple of them

For those who don't want to bother with the link, the Wachowiskis are supposedly involved (and I really don't think that sounds too good. They haven't really had success with anything after the first Matrix, arguably the second... and I heard, rather read, what their plans for a Plastic Man movie was going to be like). And secondly, they plan to use this film to relaunch the inevitable Batman reboot (who is too important to DC's film empire to just let alone after The Dark Knight Rises).

Now, again, this problem lies within the success of the next Superman movie, not to mention the problem with the Green Lantern film, where they still don't know if they want to reboot it (making us suffer the long and winding origin again) or make a sequel (which will HAVE to be better than the first one and completely salvage the franchise). If the new Superman fails, this movie has no legs to stand on. It does itself a disservice to try and ape The Avengers, which at least ran on to footing of 2 successful Iron Man films, and (while they were made to coincide with Avengers) Thor and Captain America doing very well and being solid films.

Of course, I thought of a solution for the Green Lantern (that won't happen, but logically should) that could salvage this film. Instead of doing just a direct sequel, have Ryan Reynolds back as Hal Jordan, but also have either Jon Stewart or Guy Gardener get inducted halfway through the film as Green Lanterns... only to have either Jon or Guy as the Green Lantern in the Justice League (leaning more towards Jon to get some ethnicity in the film).

Or, again, just start with the movie first as a launching pad for reboots and get Paul Dini to write it. Having Paul write the script is basically Warner Bros getting a license to print cash.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Oh man, if I had a quarter for every time DC said they're trying for another JL movie, I could play through Contra Arcade without any cheats. I'm a long-time comic book fan, but I really don't care at this point, as I've become a full-time Marvel fan after all that "New 52" crap. As long as Marvel keeps cranking out hit films and good comics, I could care less... unless DC decided to make a Swamp Thing movie, the only DC character I still care about.