Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, but that seems like an unfair comparison.

I'll say this: if Disney is gonna keep making CGI films, switch up the character designes. All the humans have looked exactly the same in Tangled, Frozen and this.

mr3urious

Reaction score

I'll say this: if Disney is gonna keep making CGI films, switch up the character designes. All the humans have looked exactly the same in Tangled, Frozen and this.
Then again, you could say the same for much of their 2D stuff. It's a style they've been using pretty much their whole output.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Then again, you could say the same for much of their 2D stuff. It's a style they've been using pretty much their whole output.
I wouldn't say so. 101 Dalmatians has an entirely different style than, say, Lady and the Tramp. Oliver and Company, Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan...they each have their own distinct look. Stick Rapnuzel next to Anna and they look like they're from the same film.

jvcarroll

Reaction score

Pixar's humans have the same look too. :wink: And their stories haven't been all that great for a while.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't SING kind of, I don't know, several years too late? I mean, haven't singing competitions been passe for a while? A long while?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But not with animals!

I mean, c'mon, a crocodile of all things singing the Humpty Dance! It writes itself!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I doubt Sing is going to succeed. It looks like it's trying to ride the coattails of Zootopia, which could turn a lot of people off. Also, I really don't see how a singing competition will hold itself for 90 minutes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, I really don't see how a singing competition will hold itself for 90 minutes.
Well, clearly most, if not all, of the animal characters have backstories and home lives that are featured as part of the plot, so I doubt the competition itself is the one thing driving the entire movie.