Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

CoryEdwards

Reaction score
Hello From the Fraggle Rock Director

Hey guys. I've finally decided to take the plunge on this forum and say "Hi."

While I have been warned about getting too caught up in the internet posts and comments, I want to read them because I want to know what's important to fans and what they are talking about!

I've read all the posts in this thread and many more on other sites. So fascinating to read the rumors and thoughts on "what is going on with the movie." But I have to tell you, NOTHING IS TRUE. Why? Because I'm still writing it.

And if you have any questions about a rumor you've heard, you can always come ask me! My blog is no secret. Come on over and post a comment!

http://coryscuriosities.blogspot.com/

But let me answer some curious rumors right here:

1. The film is live action. There are puppets. There are no people in rubber Fraggle masks (good grief, nobody is that insane, are they?).

2. There will be lots of "The Rock" in the movie, as well as the real world. (And no, I do not mean Dwayne Johnson or Alcatraz Island.)

3. You will recognize the characters and tone of this movie as the same Fraggle Rock you loved in the series. I promise!

4. Nobody is cast yet. No Doc, no puppeteers, no humans. Nothing is in stone. All is vapor. Take the pebble from my hand...

5. The script is based on an original story by me. Ahmet Zappa is still Executive Producing and gives me notes and ideas as we talk about my script. But we are no longer using his original pitch.

6. I did NOT WRITE the film "Doogal." I was hired to write some new "American" dialogue and jokes for a movie that already existed overseas. "Doogal" is NOT my film. "Hoodwinked" is.

7. I did not "write the first draft in 20 days." I'm not sure who did the math on that... it took me a little over a month and I will be rewriting it for a few more months.

I care desperately about making a movie that Fraggle Fans will love. This movie will also stand alone, and be something that NEW kids and non-fans can watch and get into right away.

Thanks for caring so much about the movie and the Fraggles. Don't decide it's going to be bad yet... it hasn't even been made. I look forward to your comments and ideas... I'll be peeking in here and of course, posting progress on my blog regularly. If I can tell you something about the movie, I will. But if I can't... well, I'm sure you can appreciate that we have to keep some things secret. I don't want you to open your present before Christmas Day!

Stay Fraggley.

Cory Edwards

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*faints*

*recovers*

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Mr. Edwards for gracing our forum with a post! This means a WHOLE lot to us Fraggle fans! I'm just stunned--in a GOOD way! Thank you for clearing up a few of those things, and I must say, your blog is really awesome! I love popping in there randomly to look for Fraggle movie updates.

I wish you the very best of luck with the script and have a good feeling you won't disappoint! :excited:

I do have a question that you might be able to answer, though... do you know if HIT! is planning to release Season 4 of Fraggle Rock as a stand-alone, or just in the Complete Series set? I figured you might know something, since you're apparently writing/directing the new Red sketch on the DVD (which is GREAT!).

Thanks again sir! This is just AWESOME! :coy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for sharing Mr. Edwards! You are welcome here any time. It's nice to know the Fraggles are in good hands. The new Karen Prell Red short for season four sounds interesting. Anything you can share? :excited:

I'm also looking forward to Hoodwinked 2: Hood vs. Evil (as long as Twitchy has a big role). :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Everything he said is very good to know, I'm honestly glad none of it is true..most of all the alien hunter after Uncle Matt rumor (which I have no idea who came up with). And the 20 days of writing, I'm not sure where I first heard that ether..but being as I have never made a movie I would not know if it was right or not *lol*...and I forget where Doogal came into everything but I was mainly going off what others had posted to start with :\. I'm very sorry, I am glad it was not his :smile:!..

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*squeals with delight*

some of those things on your list, Mr. Edwards, was just TOO funny...

Pork

Reaction score
Is it true that there is going to be an Australian Fraggle appearance? or did I just make that up XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
3. You will recognize the characters and tone of this movie as the same Fraggle Rock you loved in the series. I promise!
I wouldn't expect any less with that passion of yours. Though, what people actually thought "live action puppetry" meant guys in rubber suits? Clearly no one will ever reserrect the failure known as the "thunderbirds" movie.

So, Best of Luck (not that you need it, with your talent) on the project and we're all rooting for your script. Ganbare! (or is it Ganbatte? Whatever... it means "Go for it!")

wwfpooh

Reaction score
IClearly no one will ever reserrect the failure known as the "thunderbirds" movie.
At least, we certainly hope not.

And indeed, as so many of us have said, good luck in production, Mr. Edwards, and may the magic be with you, for as Majory (the all-knowing Trash Heap) said in the original series finale, "You cannot leave the magic!"

One can only hope though that the one true thing that has been mention is that most of the original performers would be willing to return to perform in the movie. XD

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've finally decided to take the plunge on this forum and say "Hi."

While I have been warned about getting too caught up in the internet posts and comments, I want to read them because I want to know what's important to fans and what they are talking about!

Stay Fraggley.

Cory Edwards
Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you are interested in what the fans have to say.

In case anyone missed it, this is from the latest post to Cory's blog:

"Draft two of the screenplay has been turned in and has been received very well. We are discussing budget, schedule and beginning to talk about the physical production. That's very exciting."

AND he has a copy of the Fragglia Encyclopedia. Very awesome news. With that, I'm sure you can make a perfectly Fraggly film.

:coy: :excited: :coy: