Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
They at least had one :wink:. Anyway, if it is in the human world that opens it up to the bad side of human nature..which was pretty much the villain of Fraggle Rock IMHO. So if they had a person standing for those things it might not be that out of the question...
I was just asking about the conflict of the plot..it could be just the normal world vs. the fraggles but then I still don't think a villain would be awful (it could even be the type that turns good at the end)

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm glad you liked the Fraggle script review! Feel free to e-mail me or post on the ToughPigs forum if you've got any specific questions (you can ask here, but I don't check MC too often).

Drtooth

Reaction score
They at least had one :wink:. Anyway, if it is in the human world that opens it up to the bad side of human nature..which was pretty much the villain of Fraggle Rock IMHO. So if they had a person standing for those things it might not be that out of the question...
You can have antagonists that aren't villains. Remember, Muppets Take Manhattan was pretty much the only Muppet movie that didn't have a solid villain in it. The antagonist was something intangible... failure. And Follow That Bird's main antagonist, wasn't the villain either... the villains were the Sleaze brothers, no question... but Mrs. Finch wasn't so much evil or crooked, as she was trying to do what she thought was right, even thought it clearly wasn't.

I could see the movie either having a clear cut villain, or an antagonizing force.... either someone trying to get the Fraggles for some reason, or the Fraggles struggling in a society that they aren't familiar with or fluent in.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know that :smile:. That was pretty much what I was saying, it doesn't have to be a person but it could be...
Anyway, when I say villain I mean all types, not just those that are EVIL (tm). As far as evil vs. just doing what they think is right goes many villains are only doing what they think is right. After all, no one really thinks of themselves as evil (expect maybe the truly crazy or living embodiments of it, like Him from Powerpuff Girls).
A well fleshed out character will always have justification for they are doing, good or bad...
I'm sure even Wander McMooch has his reasons and would have been fleshed out by the Fraggle Rock writers if he had been in more episodes...

So there is plenty of room to have a villain that is not cardboard-y and one sided pure evil in the movie that stays true to the 'everyone has some good in them 'feeling,if they wanted one :smile:...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh man, just please don't have an evil businessman who wants to capture the Fraggles, cage them and make people pay money to see them. SEEN IT XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh man, just please don't have an evil businessman who wants to capture the Fraggles, cage them and make people pay money to see them. SEEN IT XD
Still, sometimes the more boring ideas would be just what certain real people would do with the fraggles if they were real:sympathy:. Greedy people aren't very creative:coy:...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
It's SUCH a cliche, though :wink: The Fraggles are already captured by Gorgs at LEAST once a day. I suspect by now they're experts at being caught :stick_out_tongue: Although escaping from baskets and flimsy cages are probably easier than what a millionaire could afford.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's SUCH a cliche, though :wink: The Fraggles are already captured by Gorgs at LEAST once a day. I suspect by now they're experts at being caught :stick_out_tongue: Although escaping from baskets and flimsy cages are probably easier than what a millionaire could afford.
Well, it is part of being a water mouse like prey animal (even if they aren't eaten) so if anything it is a cliche of nature:coy:. But I'm sure that even a normal haman cage, not even a rich person's one, would be stronger than anything a gorg uses. Besides that, even strong plastic would be new to them:cry:....

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well, it is part of being a water mouse like prey animal (even if they aren't eaten) so if anything it is a cliche of nature:coy:. But I'm sure that even a normal haman cage, not even a rich person's one, would be stronger than anything a gorg uses. Besides that, even strong plastic would be new to them:cry:....
You have a point, and there's no way they could sing their way out of any "silly creature" cage :wink:

I just really want this movie to do well, and I don't want it to be some bland film that seems to happen to a LOT of "TV shows from 10, 20, 30 years ago into a movie" projects - something you'd read a review of and they'd say it "should've been handled better" and "had promise but was executed poorly," etc.