"Weird" Al mentions Muppets in Song

wolfy

Reaction score
Hi, all:

I wasn't sure where to put this, so decided to place it in here.

Last night (May 21/22, depending upon your time zone, I guess) on Craig Kilborn's Late Late Show, "Weird" Al Yankovic was the musical guest star.

He sang one of his new songs from his "Poodlehat Tour" album, which is now out in stores and he is on the road touring with right now.

The song, called "Couch Potato," is a parody of an Eminem song (okay, I don't listen to that rapper person, so I don't know how to spell his name). Al sings about watching all kinds of television shows, and he mentions "watchin' the Muppets and Mahna-Mahna" in it.

You have to be quick to hear it, but it's there! My son and I both heard it, and we were so surprised and pleased to know that Al is a Muppet lover, and that he likes Mahna-Mahna!

Maybe we should send him the figures when Palisades brings them out, eh? As a "thank you" kind of thing...
wolfy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah I heard the song on a MSN stream a few days before the CD came out....I love the Mahna Mahna part! Alf is mentioned on another song (I know there are a few Alf fans here)

ooh ooh if you do have the CD pop it into your comp and press space bar on the main screen......

Sarah

wolfy

Reaction score
C'MON, Sarah...what happens when you get the CD, put it in your computer and press the "space bar" at the main screen?

I mean, sheesh, you can't leave us hanging here like that!!

Oh, Luuuuuuuuke! ALF is mentioned on "Weird" Al's new CD. That's your department, isn't it, being Alf's number one fan?
wolfy

Baby Animal

Reaction score
I would tell you Wolfy, but I'm already in trouble for telling Sarah that Target is the new retailer. I don't want to get in trouble for telling you that the space bar makes .... oh, you're sly. You almost got me. I wouldn't be able to show my face at the Weird Al forum anymore if I told you.

Tony

(Go to the Palisades Board in Other Topics. Gumby posted the picture under the Poodle Hat thread of what happens.)
:halo:

wolfy

Reaction score
"Palisades Board in Other Topics..."

Shoot, I knew I should have stayed in college and learned all those darned spy codes!

Waaaaaaaa! I'm lost! I'm cold! I'm hungry! I can't find it! Waaaaaaaa!

On the other hand, if I get the CD, plug it in and hit space bar, will Weird Al jump out of my screen and give me a great big kiss? If so, I'm out the door to WalMart right now!
wolfy

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
On the other hand, if I get the CD, plug it in and hit space bar, will Weird Al jump out of my screen and give me a great big kiss? If so, I'm out the door to WalMart right now!
wolfy
I think his wife might get upset....Click here

wolfy

Reaction score
Naaaaaaaaaw!

She might thank me for taking him off her hands for 30 seconds! :smile:

Isn't she beautiful ?

I bet their daughter, who was born about four days after this was taken, is the luckiest little girl in the world, having such a funny dad and such a gorgeous mom. *sigh*

Don't they look so sweet?
wolfy

(who still loves Al, and really thinks his wife is a cutie AND good for him!)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah, It's so cuuute....and they are CLEARLY in love!

Sarah

man...why couldn't I have won the genepool lottery?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You're kinda pretty.

(that kinda may sound bad, but it's one of those "kinda's" you just add in to make the post longer. I mean, that'd be just plain weird for me to call you a "kinda" something, really! The word "kinda" isn't even technically a word, so, it really isn't anything bad. You know, one of those words where if you look it up in the dictionary it MIGHT be there, but only if you have "The Hick's Guide to the Modern Encyclopedia Britanica: 2nd Edition". I wonder if that's a real book? In any case, if it isn't, it oughta be (oughta being another word that you'd find in there), and if there is, all copies of the book must be burned. Why else do we have a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? We don't need no stinkin' Hick's Guide to yadda yadda yadda! That's another thing! Are you technically aloud to yadda yoursefl? I always thought it was one of those things you say when you're competely bored with somedbody. Oh, and that reminds me! That lousy bum. I was talkin' to some guy one day, and... he yawned at me! I couldn't believe it! I was outraged! Okay, scientifically speaking, the yawn is just something you do when you're not gettign enough aire. It's like a long, belated, gasp of air. I'm surprised swimmers and chokees don't do it. Hey, is chokee a word? You know, like, killer, killee. No, wait. Killee isn't a real word either. What do they call the victim of a murder? Oh, right! I just answered my own question! A victim! Or as they might say in Transylvania, a "wictim." Curious, why do Transylvanians replace their Vs with Ws? Is the V not able to be formed? You'd think with Dracula having those protruding teeth, he'd be able to form his mouth to pronounce the V sound. You'd think they'd have practices for it or something... You know, I just realized something. My whole purpose for putting the "kinda" in was to make my post longer, turns out with all this I didn't need it. Then again, if I hadn't stated the "kinda", I wouldn't have gone on and on, and I'd still have a short post. Then, I would have thought "this is too short," and would have wound up posting the "kinda", bringing me right back to here. One of those things where no matter what you would have done, you still would have done the same thing.)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok look I have the CD and It won't install? I was wondering if any one knows why?