"Weird" Al mentions Muppets in Song

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
go to quicktime and click on open new movie in new player (in file)

Sarah

wolfy

Reaction score
Gee, Sarah...didn't you see the "you're kinda pretty" remark from Superscooter?

Or was that for me? (begging for scraps...)
wolfy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
from weirdal.com

POODLE HAT'S A HIT!
The numbers are now in... Al's new album "Poodle Hat" sold 49,862 copies in its first week of release (his highest first week sales figure ever) and entered the Billboard Top Albums Chart at #17 (his highest chart debut ever.) Video Schmideo! Al would like to sincerely thank all of his fans who picked up a copy. And if you haven't yet...what the heck are you waiting for??

YAY!

Sarah

wolfy

Reaction score
Wow...I was one of those 49, 862 people who picked up "Poodlehat" by Al and the guys!

Good thing, huh? Otherwise, it would have been 49, 861!

Actually, we love several of the songs, but some of them are ... um, weirder than Al usually is weird?

I LOVE "Superhero."

I swear, it's got to be one of my favorites, and not just because I like Billy Joel's music.

The kids have hogged the CD most of the time so far (I can't believe that they are already going around humming and singing the songs), and I only get to listen to it when we are in the car. Well, we have a LONG trip coming up in July...I'll get to hear it then.

Know what the pits is? Al's coming to Pittsburgh and we just don't have the money to see him (and he's coming when we won't be availble to go to Pittysburg...)

If only he'd change his venue and come to WV instead! Then it would be so much easier...especially if he came to Wheeling! That's just down the road a piece!

AUGH! I'm starting to sound like someone from this area...HELP! Get me home to ND where I belong!!

Or have Al and the band come play for me so I at least FORGET where I am for a while...
wolfy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm sorry...I begged my dad into buying tickets (not cheap at 38.50 a piece) but we're going as a family, so it'll be fun......our seats are about 7 rows back....

Superhero, huh? that song actually made me watch spiderman, but when watched it, and found out I knew the whole plot from a song.....and I wasn't missing much when I didn't see it:wink:

I LOOOOVE Hardware Store.....and I've got the verse (anyone who's heard it, knows which one) memorized...it's just ARTICULATION! it doesn't sound the same when you can only hear the vowels...

yeah, the album is different, but I guess getting married and having a kid might have made him grow up a tad (although on Dr. Demento, he said he hated sharing his toys) but I don't take the *innuendos* in a bad way....I just think of them as silly nonsense (as he does a lot of)

and my fave part of the whole cd? might be the home video.....AAHHH DUCK IT'S THE WATER MISSILE OF DEATH! and.....this is me at....uhhh.....42

and does the 2nd verse of A Complicated song throw anyone else for a loop? I could guess the 1st and the 3rd, but the second had me rolling!

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I finally got to hear the one with the Muppets in it!

That was good!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well of course!

Sarah

*who was in heaven when two of her fave things were mixed*

now we just need Weird Al to do a muppets, animaniacs song:wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY!

This isn't about the Muppet song, but, I really did not want to make up a new thread...

I was just wondering, does anyone know if "Genius in France" is supposed to be about Jerry Lewis? Jerry Lewis is considered to be a "genius in France", where as here he's just considered that funny kid that falls down alot.

Do you know if it is about him? I think I'll try to do some research on it...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I don't think so...I know the song is a homage to Frank Zappa, who had a song titled in France, and who also mentioned poodles in a song or two.....

Sarah

and Frank's son, Dweezil plays the guitar opening

and Bela barks

haha