Weird Diseases

Whatever

Reaction score
This is an odd thread, Gonzo would love it. So what's the oddest disease you ever heard of/had? Mine is hoof and mouth disease! I was in 2nd grade in 1992 and I came down with light red spots on my arms, hands, and in my mouth. They really hurt, and it wasn't chicken pox. My mom took me to the doctor, who was having trouble diagnosing it. So my mom (a former science teacher) said, "If she wasn't human, I would say she had Hoof and Mouth disease, but that's for cows." The doctor, being at his wits' end, looking it up. And I had it, only he called it Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease because I am human. I have no idea how I got it, I live nowhere near cows. My mom ended up catching it too. So I wondered if anyone else had experienced strange stuff like that!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, wow! That doesn't sound like much fun. :frown: When I worked at the zoo one of the people there got it from handling the horses and camels and such so much. I've never really had any unusual diseases. Strep throat, flu, chicken pox a long time ago... nothing much more unique than that.
Erin

anathema

Reaction score
I periodically suffer from Foot-In-Mouth Disease...

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Hee hee...when I saw this topic, the first thing that i thought of was an old wayne's world skit with the "Top Ten Bands that sound like Diseases".

My favorite was Iggy Pop. Then of course Anthrax...and #5-the Dave clark 5?
i can't think of the rest, but it was pretty funny.

But seriously, the worst thing that I got was Mono in 7th grade.
I missed about 3 weeks of school.
I'll never drink out of another water fountain again... :eek:

Whatever said:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well....when I was five, I went through a period where my feet itched at night for three days. My dad told me it was Moon Disease and I might have it for life. He's never admitted to making it up, but I'm preeettttyyy sure he did......

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
My favorite was Iggy Pop. Then of course Anthrax...and #5-the Dave clark 5?
The Dave Clark 5?? :confused: :stick_out_tongue: Actually, I find that they're song "Over and Over" is a sure-fire headache inducer, so maybe that counts...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
well....when I was five, I went through a period where my feet itched at night for three days. My dad told me it was Moon Disease and I might have it for life. He's never admitted to making it up, but I'm preeettttyyy sure he did......
Hehe. That reminds me of something my dad did to my aunt when they were little. At least she claims he did; he denies it. But she said he told her that those iron bridges with the little slats in them that you rumbled across in your car were "fish-eating bridges" and if you walked across them fish would jump up through the slats and bite your toes! She said she refused to walk across those bridges until she was out of high school! :crazy:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I had Cat Scratch Fever, when I was 9
Yech. I think I had that once too. Makes sense, I guess, given the number of times I've been scratched by cats... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin