Weird Rare Mexican Floyd Pepper doll on eBay

cjd874

Reaction score
Thanks...I never thought that my 300th post would be about a tattered, discolored, nightmare-inducing Floyd Pepper doll...but hey, at MC the unexpected is expected.

galagr

Reaction score
So I came across this weird, destroyed looking Floyd doll on Ebay. It just looks really freaky (and one of his feet came off). And for some odd reason here his skin tone is yellow, he's wearing what looks like sandals, and there's some brown surrounding his eye lids. What do you think of it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VTG-MEXICAN-MUPPET-PUPPET-DOLL-SGT-FLOYD-PEPPER-ELECTRIC-MAYHEM-JIM-HENSON-/170993412325?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=14&meid=5830653069301631128&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=170993412325&[/quote]
What do I think of it?

But, in all seriousness, it does NOT look official. It looks like an ungodly love-child of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Mahna Mahna. And it's feet...........( shudders).

MissMusical12

Reaction score
What do I think of it?

But, in all seriousness, it does NOT look official. It looks like an ungodly love-child of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Mahna Mahna. And it's feet...........( shudders).
I don't think it looks official at all either. Whoever made this doll should've at least gotten Floyd's skin tone right (Then again, he did have a billion skin tone changes until they officially settled on purple.)

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Say, isn't the hands recycled from the Fisher Price Kermit Hand Puppet (Kermit normally have five fingers but on the puppet, there's four.) looks like the hands are dyed. Eyes are olvies and noes is a dried pickle. Probably the weirdest, cheapest, and most creative bootleg I've seen since the Muppet toilet seats that used to be on eBay. Anyone remember those, and I though that was weird enough lol They were made of wood and hand painted. Super Bizarre!

galagr

Reaction score
Now that I take a closer look at it ( as opposed to running away from my computer and screaming), I'm almost postitive that it's a modified Animal Fisher Price puppet. I mean, the head shape is similar, and between the hands you can see hints of orange. The pants are similar, too.