were there any muppets who cursed?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Daffyfan, I totally agree. I can hardly stand some of the smaller ones, but that's a big one with me. Fortunately, most of the people I know refrain from swearing to a great extent like that.

I don't think I'd mind at all if the Muppets started using euphemisms. I use them myself. But, I am really not too big on out and out swearing. IAVMMCM was fine, they didn't really use any swear words in that, just euphemisms. It'd actually be pretty funny if Kermit comes out and shouts "Holy crap!" I'd die laughing! I don't think it'd be as funny if Pepe were to say it, as you might expect it from him, but, Kermit, Fozzie, or any of the other ones... that'd be funny.

I can picture Rowlf using the replacement word for *ahem* H**l. Whenever I think of Rowlf, I think of my grandfather. Really laid back, but at the same time able to crack a joke. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if he ever used it. It's one of my grandfather's favorites. :big_grin:

He he! "And Scooter's "peeved" cuz Rowlf is always late!"

:wink: :sympathy:

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppet Pro
Cussing On Sesame Street ?

That's Just Weird And Scary.

It's Like A Bad Spoof Coming True.
I was kidding! Wow, I didn't think anyone would believe that for a second. Still, you gotta admit, it WOULD be pretty funny...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yep. We guessed you were kidding. Though I thought, maybe they spoofed "Sesame Street" on some adult show and did that.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I dont think ANY of those words are swear words.

I just dont get how 'D.amn' can be a swear word !?

Saying 'D.amn You!' is nothin, Its crazy.

and 'HeII', Please telling someone to go there still isnt swearing... If people have problems with being told to go there then the world isnt the best place for them... People can say worse.

crazy crazy crazy !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Some people in my dorm hall are like that. They keep saying that every other word. Sometimes I feel like coming out and strangling them.
what's stopping you....

i mean other than laws and rules!

Sarah

Joggy

Reaction score
Mac Davis and Link sang "Hard To Be Humble" on the Muppet Show.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cause I get better lookin' each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a h:rolleyes:ll of a man :embarrassed: :eek:
Oh lord, it's hard to be humble
But I'm doing the best that I can

Does anyone think that "a h:rolleyes:ll of a man" is worse than "holy guacamoly?!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Totally unrelated. In the video game Donkey Kong 64, during the iopening rap, they say that sone of the charicters is one H*ll of a guy, and it's rated E.

But you know what I can't stand? When people in cartoons and stuff referr to H*ll as the place and have to use "Heck!"

I hate Heck! It makes it sound like a baby's show.

If you read Dilbert strips, there's this guy who constantly Darns people to heck (in other words, it's not quite as sever as D**ning somnoen to H*ll)

ANd Evil the cat resides in Heck.

I mean, if it's comedy, I don't mind the Heck substitution, just not when you're trying to be serious!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I'm sorry, Dr. Tooth, but I have to agree with Warrick. I think it's better just to say 'darn' or 'heck,' than da** or he**. Although, I probably shouldn't mind minor swear words much, since these days people say a lot worse. Still it sort of bothers me.

By the way, Joggy, thanks for the info on that Mac Davis and Link song. Is that one available in the Timelife collection?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
They say Kermit said, "What the h***?" in some kinda promotion thingy for TMS (before anyone actually picked it up).
The Muppet doing the ad goes nuts on the screen then leaves, and kermit shows up:

"What the he/ll was THAT all about?"

It was hilarious!!

:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, I just called Timelife. I should be getting the Mac Davis episode next. The one with that famous 'h' word. Lol.