What are your secret fears?

Bridget

Reaction score
Hi-Hi!

So don't hold back on this one guys! Tell, me what are your deepest, "secretest", fears that nobody knows! Here are a few of mine. Please, don't laugh!

-People in full-body costumes! Ex: Chuck E. Cheese, Sports Mascots, you get the pic.
-Blood (Movies, Real-life)
-Vomit (OMG, Gross!)
-Taking something out of the oven.
-Going in my basement by myself at night!

Yeah that's pretty much all I can think of. You all?

~Bridget~

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm sorry people in full-body costumes give you the horrors. Does that mean you'll never go to Disney World? (There might be one or two there...)

I mentioned this on another thread, but bears repeating. When I was little, watching Sesame Street, a lot of the monsters scared me (even a few Muppets, how ironic!).
But the absolute scariest was that Floating Face/Nobody/Scanimate Muppet who counted to 10. Looked like death to me.

So little 4-year-old me was so scared I got a can of paint, and painted over the tv screen.

Nowadays my fears are driving in bad weather (a necessary evil in my line of work) and very loud noises.

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't really have too much that comes to mind for me right now. Of course like any kid, I had a ton of fears when I was little (the dark, thunderstorms, wind, etc. (and I was also afraid of full-body costumes as well)), but now I don't have quite so many.

The things that scare me most now would probably be bad things that could possibly happen, such as health issues, disasters, etc. Yet I am getting a bit better not being afraid of those things as of late.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I have a phobia of needles. I HATE the doctors... ugh...

I'm not too fond of Haunted House rides at amusement parks, which often gets me made fun of. :sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm almost certainy we have a thread like this somewhere, because I'm sure I've mentioned why I have such a mortal fear of granddaddy longleg spiders, and being struck by a tornado.

robodog

Reaction score
I no longer post my fears on public forums. That way they can never be used against me. That is unless I encounter some ancient horror that can read minds. But in that case I'm pretty much screwed anyway.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Did someone say ancient horror that can read minds?

I'm your demon! :big_grin:

Except I'm not ancient...so maybe I don't apply...

(P.S. I have an irrational fear of tornadoes)

galagr

Reaction score
Wait, if I tell you my fears, how do I know that you won't come to my house in the middle of the night and taunt me with those fears in James Earl Jones' voice? Nah, I'm just kidding. Now hmm, what am I afraid of?

As a kid I was scared of the usual things ( thunderstorms, spiders, the dark) Although, I was one of the only kids I knew that was scared of death. And, the Pink Elephant scene from Dumbo, chase 'em away indeed.

Nowadays, I owe my biggest fears to the internet. Toughpigs old article analyzing the Halloween episodes of The Muppet Show put things in perpesctive for me. I haven't watched those episodes since.
http://www.toughpigs.com/my-week-with-halloween-part-1/
http://www.toughpigs.com/my-week-with-halloween-part-3/

P.S. If you either have guts of steel or no self respect, you can look up "Courage The Cowardly Dog Violin Girl" on Youtube. One of the few things that scared me as a child and HORRIFIES me to this day.

robodog

Reaction score
I will state that unlike many people the uncanny valley effect does not work on me at all. I LIKE freaky animatronic/roboty things. But I hate dolls. Unless they're the previously mentioned animatronic/roboty variety. Plain old cloth and plastic dolls are freaky as heck though.